PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Weebles Treehouse?

downwarddog
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
I was looking at the Weebles treehouse -- looks cute, but it could be deceiving once it's out of the box!

Does anyone have this? What do you think? Are there better Weebles toys out there?

~Lenore
Mom to Acadia (Cadi), born 9/28/04

kboyle
02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't, but am interested in knowing about it. I'm looking for some Weeble stuff since the FP LP are invading our house, we need a change. And I can't, for the life of me, find any sm packs of just Weeble people, only the big sets right now.

The tree houes does look cute!

kristenk
02-21-2006, 03:17 PM
I *think* that one of the kiddos in my DD's playgroup has it. DD really likes playing with it when we go over there. There are lots of things for the weebles to "do" on the treehouse and DD loves to send them down the slide. It's a cute toy and is soooooooo much better than the Weebleville Town Center (or whatever it is) that DD has - at least according to me and DD!

NewfieNat
02-21-2006, 04:22 PM
We got this for Ryan for Christmas and he has been playing with it ever since. The only issue with it is that it is LOUD. I did not see a volume control but perhaps I missed it. I covered the speaker with tape and that helped a bit. But it is the type of toy that can be played with without batteries I think, we won't replace them when they die.

Natalie

KrisM
02-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Not only is it loud, the music goes for a LONG time! But, DS seems to like it.

Dyonia
02-22-2006, 01:12 AM
DD got the Weebles Treehouse for Christmas. She seems to enjoy it a lot and plays with it almost daily. I agree with the PPs who mentioned that it is LOUD -- the music starts when DD spins the "Ferris Wheel" and will continue for several moments after the wheel stops moving. It is really cute, though, and we are planning (like another poster) to simply not replace batteries when they die.

To KBoyle -- I have found individual Weebles at Dollar General for $3, so they are out there. Perhaps there is a location near you? www.dollargeneral.com I would also try Big Lots or Odd Lots if you have one in your area.

Cheers,
Donna

bchafin
02-22-2006, 07:57 AM
I agree with everyone else. It is loud! I had to take the batteries out because it was driving me crazy. My DS doesn't seem to mind. He plays with it all the time.

Just another suggestion if you are looking for single Weebles, Wendy's has them in their kids meals for under three toys. We have an elephant and a penguin. There are also some storybook sets that look cute. They make a three pack of Little Red Riding Hood (I don't know a price), a small set of Jack and Jill and Hansel and Gretel (I think they are around $10) and a larger set of Goldilocks (around $20).

HTH
Barb