PDA

View Full Version : Joy's Waldorf Dolls, which do you own?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I have become paralyzed by indecision- over A DOLL??!!! They are all so beautiful I am wondering which one you selected and why. I love that the new baby Jess can wear newborn clothing, but to me her face is not the sweetest of the bunch, I love the face on the button babies. All I know for sure is I MUST have mohair pigtails. Please share what you ahve purchased and I would be so appreciative if anyone has a picture. Many thanks.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

Roleysmom
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Oohh, this is fun! It's nice to see that Joy is back from her break and again making custom dolls. We got the 16 inch button baby last year with blue eyes and the cinnamon cut mohair loop hair. I think she (Penelope) is adorable. If the decision had been all mine, I would have gone with the mohair loop, but I was out voted.

At that time, Roley was really interested in mothering babies, so that's why I picked the button baby over the button child. I also thought the moveable limbs would make her easier to dress and sit up. Joy does suggest that the button dolls are better for older kids and the limbs can come out of the socket. That hasn't happened to us, but I don't think we really gained anything by having the moveable limbs. If I was doing it over, I would get the baby companion because it does seem sturdier. Penelope usually ends up on the floor with her limbs akimbo.

Now you are making me want a sister doll. Shame on you!:D I will try to add a picture later today.

Have fun with your choices!

Paula
Mom to Roley Julia, January '02

ellies mom
02-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I understand your indecision. Search for the co-op thread from last spring, and you will see all sorts of indecision.

We have the 14" baby companion (kit). I'm not overly happy with it for several reasons but the one that would most likely pertain to somone buying a custom doll is that it really only lays down. You can prop it up sort of but my DD (2 yrs)gets a little frustrated trying. Anyhow, I'm planning on trying the 13" Little Love kit soon. I really like the 16" Honey doll but I think I will wait a few years.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Veronica, When I first did a search for dolls I was amused at the angst people had over which doll to buy, I'm thinking it's a DOLL, how hard can it be, right? Well now I know, when you are spending that kind of money and time and you want it to be just right for someone you love.
Would love to see a pix of Veronica with baby if you have time. Thanks!

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh please post a picture of Penelope! Would love to see her.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06

ellies mom
02-23-2006, 03:29 AM
I don't have any pictures of Ellie playing with it because she doesn't really play with it that often. As I said I have some issues with this doll that I'm hoping to fix with the next one. Anyhow, here is the doll.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/vdrapeau/IMG_2716_edited.jpg

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks you Veronica, she is sweet. I know you have some 'issues' with her but to me she looks perfect. I like them without the nose. Thank you for taking the time to show me.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 ETA 05-22-06