PDA

View Full Version : Haba Marble Track

mommato2boys
02-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested in this since the marble tracks are for a little older child, but figured maybe someone would like to know about it. I went to a local kids store that sells tons of haba stuff and got DS some of the pieces for a marble track. We got 1 set, the funnel set, the winding tracks set, the sloped tracks, and ringing track set. Let me tell you these things are cool!!!! DS loved figuring out how to put it together to get it to work and if it didn't work, he would fix it. Very cool. And we also got the marble bin that had tons of different marbles in it. Wood one, regular marbles, cork one, and metal ones. DS loves seeing how the different marbles work. I think I am buying a couple of pieces for his easter basket. If you are considering buying this, go for it!!!! Having extra blocks to help build up your track helps (we have the construction blocks target carried a couple of years ago to help). This has amused him all day!!!!! Always a plus!!!!

ethansmom
02-23-2006, 07:57 PM
How old is your son?

brittone2
02-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Very cool. Our local Waldorf school had a rummage/yard sale last year to benefit Katrina survivors, and we found a 60ish piece set for a dollar!! It isn't Haba, but it is wooden and I'd bet a lot of the pieces would work fine with the Haba stuff.

DH and I have fun playing w/ it and DS has fun putting the marble in the top (he's 2).

I definitely want to buy more pieces in the future...I can see where having more pieces would be really handy...somehow I never seem to have enough when I'm in the midst of building.

Fun stuff, and challenging too!

mommato2boys
02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
My oldest just turned six and my youngest is 14 months. Obviously this isn't for a young one since it has the marbles but I will say that my 14-month old was interested from his superyard!!!! I would say that a child of three would be okay with the marbles (as long as the parent watches them) and would find this toy fun and interesting, but maybe need a little help building it. 4-5 could probably do this wonderfully without much help. I let my 14 month old watch but not play since there are marbles, but he was entertained and amused watching it!!!! A two year old would probably like it, but definately need major supervision and help building.

mommato2boys
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Excellent find!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple years ago, target carried some wooden blocks, some had curves and arches, pillars, fancier pieces, but one set the construction set has just solid standard pieces, they are great!!! I wish they would sell them again! These have worked great to help build high ramps!!!!

JacksMommy
02-24-2006, 11:19 AM
I've been eyeing this for ages - now that DD is getting to the point where she doesn't put everything in her mouth, we might be able to risk it for DS's birthday. Any thoughts on where to get the best price? And are the plastic tracks as good as the Haba ones?

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

brittone2
02-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Wow...I wish they'd bring that back too!!

mommato2boys
02-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't have the plastic track and haven't really messed with them (this was a new find for us!!!) but I was thinking that maybe the plastic would line up as well. But I am associated the plastic track with the hotwheels plastic stuff that frustrates me so much. I got mine at a local store, they also have a website but I have to say I have never ordered from their website as they are right here in town but the website is
www.loobylookids.com
I bought some extra stuff from oompa.com (I like that you get points to use towards future purchases!)
HTH