PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Bebepod/Bumbo as a booster?

mshen
02-23-2006, 08:28 PM
I just received the Bebepod from Target and we LOVE it here, even DH! Then I mentioned that I should probably pick up a booster seat or a high chair soon. DH asked why can't we just use the Bebepod as a booster. I couldn't think of why not. So I decide to check with you knowledgeable ladies! :) We're trying to minimize baby gear here.

TIA!
________
Iv-2220 (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_IV-2220)

lisams
02-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't think it would be safe - there isn't anything to attach it to a chair to make it secure and there isn't a restraint system (seatbelt/harness) to hold baby in. I wouldn't do it - I could see baby leaning forward and the whole thing falling face first.

Just my thoughts! That chair looks awefully cute though!

BaileyBea
02-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I use my bumbo inside my large wooden highchair but I still use a belt. And of course DC has a tray that goes w/the highchair, so he doesn't move around a whole lot BUT!!!!! I have him belted in too. It's really just not safe to use this as a booster or HC w/out some type of straping device and making sure it's on a surface that is solid and sturdy.

If you want to minimize gear get a Chicco Hippo Hookon Chair because it's great for home and travel.