PDA

View Full Version : There's a whole other world of great videos out there beside Baby Einstein

jennifer_r
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I would love to hear your recommendations. Just received a new DVD and I was soooo impressed with it - Little Laureate - For the Love of Art. Highly produced, shows shapes and simple images morphing into famous artwork; different themes of art; even showcases some children's art. All set to classical music. I know it sounds alot like the BE format but it is very different. It just seemed so much better than many of the other DVDs out there that I've seen. Now, we did just get this so I don't know for how long DD will be into this video but from a "critical" point of view, it is excellent.

I know that BE is seen as the creme de la creme of videos but, frankly, I think their format is overdone and I'd like something a bit more original. So, here are my recomendations for videos that I think are the best:

Little Laureate - For the Love of Art
The signing times videos (we have vol. 1-3, 2 is my fave)
Zen Baby - so peaceful, and calming, also highly produced
Baby Van Gogh, Baby Neptune, Baby Newton and Baby Mozart (yes, these are BE videos but I think they are great so I had to throw them on the list).
Sesame Street Sing Yourself Silly - just great songs

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/img][/url]

floridamommy
02-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I am so glad to know this. I like the Baby Einstiens you mentioned, but have been wondering lately if there were other good options for variety. Where did you buy the Little Laureate dvd? Is there only one or more? Thanks, Heather

jennifer_r
02-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I bought it off Amazon. There is also Little Laureate world travel (also available on Amazon) which sounds good too. I checked their website and that's it, at least for now.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/img][/url]

DebbieJ
02-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Signing Time and now that my ds is older, he loves Veggie Tales.

I *HATE* the whole BE thing.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Babywhite
02-28-2006, 10:35 AM
DD is now 18 months and is starting to get bored with these DVDs, but she enjoyed them from 6 months up to now. (She only watched them occasionally :))

(Located in Christian Bookstores)

Praise Baby Collection
God Made Collection

R.W.

SpaceGal
03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I love HBOs Classical Baby DVDs. Just something different and it's really cute to watch and nice to listen to.

Percycat
04-10-2006, 11:59 AM
We check out videos from the library. Baby Brainy is a nice series. My son is older now, and we check out a lot of Thomas the Train and Bob the Builder.

sue_g
04-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I would have to include "Baby Songs" by Hap Palmer. There is a series of them and have been around for over 10 years. They show real children in the videos and hold my children's interest.

zoestargrove
04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
a PP mentioned veggie tales, my boys LOVED the VeggieTales - The Complete Silly Songs Collection cds.

Baby Neptune is still their favorite BE dvd too, but we watch mostly Thomas these days.