PDA

View Full Version : Are Gymboree bubbles really better than other bubbles?

jennifer_r
03-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I remember the instructor at Gymboree saying they were better because they had glycerin in them and they lasted longer before they popped. Is there any sense to that or would a cheapo bottle of bubbles make my DDs just as happy? I'm sure the Gymbo bubbles probably don't cost much at all, but I don't feel like schlepping out to a Gymboree - either the class place nor the store.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/img][/url]

annabellesmom
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
In a word.... YES. I've had a bottle for over a year now. You hardly need to use any bubble solution and you get so many bubbles and they do stick around longer. I'm sure your DD's will be happy with any bubbles but the next time you stop by gymboree give them a try, you won't regret it.
-s

DebbieJ
03-01-2006, 11:08 PM
*nodding in agreement*

The Gymbo bubbles rock.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

lisams
03-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Yes! They don't leave behind as much residue when they pop. When we use the cheap stuff, they pop and leave a splatter of "bubble juice" but the gymbo bubbles just leave a little speck behind.

We use gymbo bubbles for inside (mainly in the bathtub) and cheap bubbles for outside.

traciann
03-01-2006, 11:55 PM
yep! i wondered the exact same thing...then I bought some and knew exactly what people were raving about. they don't leave the bubble juice (good word choice!) so i don't mind blowing them inside the house. I bought the bubble and wand set for $6 and I bought a large bottle refil bottle for $3.50. totally worth it.

lilycat88
03-02-2006, 08:39 AM
This was Susanna the other night in the tub. All of the bubbles around her head are actually stuck to her hair. The thing I love about the Gymboree bubbles is that they don't always pop upon contact with something.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32412.jpg

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

samiam
03-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Yes, yes, yes! They are great and last a long time. We've had nights where we've blown bubbles and woken up the next day to still find intact bubbles on the floor or on toys.

AddiesMom
03-02-2006, 09:17 AM
My 16 week old just started Gymboree this week and I was amazed at the bubbles! I thought I was losing my mind that their bubbles are so much better, I never thought I would be spending more money on premium bubbles- LOL. I guess I will be buying them on Tuesday!

lizamann
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Gymboree bubbles are completely different from regular bubbles. Not really even the same thing.

As far as making dd happy, though, you can do that with regular bubbles too, of course. But the Gymboree bubbles are really cool.

daisyandacorn
03-02-2006, 10:33 AM
They're really cute, tons of little bubbles come out at once and they do last a very long time however if you've got a lot of wood surfaces in your home I'd limit them to outdoor/bathtub use.
Chloe loves them but I have a hard time dealing with the mess they make(not big splatters of soapy water but hundreds of tiny, gummy, white, stringy things).
They've been banned from the house(with the exception of the bathroom) and are an outdoor toy now.
HTH!
Susan

MirandaMoes
03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
where can i find these? i have not seen them in the store and we do not have the classes near me. do i have to ask for them? do they have them online?
Thanks!
Miranda

traciann
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
miranda,

i would post the link...its its insanely long.

do a search on gymboree for toys...the bubble are on the 3rd page.

traci

MirandaMoes
03-02-2006, 04:05 PM
thanks! i found them! waiting to order to see if they have them in the store!
Miranda

jennifer_r
03-02-2006, 04:43 PM
O.K. - you've all convinced me. Next time I'm at the mall, I'll pick up some.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/img][/url]