PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has the easel from Ikea?

CBB
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
How do you like it? Is it sturdy? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks!

Pennylane
03-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I bought it 2 yrs ago for 19.00 and love it. It has held up great and still looks brand new. I love that it is a neutral wood and not some big plastic piece, although I have nothing against plastic! For the price you can't beat it.

Ann

Beth568
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Like most IKEA stuff, it's a reasonable value for the price. Ours has held up pretty well - I sanded it and varnished it, because there were some splintery edges. My 15 month old hasn't pulled it down on top of herself yet (but it's not too heavy, so I think that's possible). And I also prefer wood to plastic, so I like it fine.

mommyj_2
03-03-2006, 10:08 PM
We got ours a year ago or so, and we love it. DS uses it all the time. My mom got my niece one on sale for $60, and says she likes ours better. They don't have an Ikea where she lives or she would have bought the Ikea one. When we first got it, DS was only tall enough to draw near the bottom of the paper, but it worked fine. I just pulled it lower for him.

lizamann
03-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Love it. Love that it's magnetic on both the whiteboard and chalkboard sides. I got some nice magnets so dd can set up her own paper - I think that would be hard to do with easel clips instead. I love that it's not primary colored. I love that the writing surfaces are quite nice and easy to clean. I love that the wood frame is getting all splattered with paint, showing that it is used and loved (I started out wiping off the paint on the wood, but decided that it's cooler not to. I do keep the writing surfaces and the tray clean, though, which is easy to do.)

Cons: not height adjustable, but this hasn't been a problem at all. There is no tray on the chalkboard side, either, which sometimes bugs me, but it's not a big deal especially since she uses the whiteboard side the most.