PDA

View Full Version : Taggies - sigh

EllasMum
03-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I discovered a local bookstore selling the Taggies soft-cloth books and was so excited because right now DD is enthralled by tags. I brought the Taggies book to her and proudly presented it - and what happens? She manages to find the ACTUAL tag on the book and play with it! You know the "do not remove until delivered to customer" tag?! She briefly fingered the other beautiful satiny tags and then reverted to the actual tag.

Gee, that was money well spent. ;)

mommato2boys
03-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Give her time....at first my son didn't care about his taggie (we have the little travel size blanket), but he started to take interest in it. Now he loves it....it is one of his "must haves" to go to bed. I find him holding his stuffed monkey and look at his hand, his fingers will be rubbing the tags....so cute!!!!!!

I bought mulitples since he loves his taggie~

juliasmom05
03-04-2006, 12:15 PM
DD did the same thing ;-).

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

Corie
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
My daughter never took to her Taggies blanket. I think
the problem is this: The "tags" that they use aren't real
tags!! They are basically just folded over pieces of ribbon.
My daughter was not fooled by these so-called ribbon tags!

I thought about going to the Goodwill store and buying like
20 shirts. Then, using a seam ripper and taking out the tags
from the neck of each shirt. Last, sew these real tags
onto a blanket.
But, I never did it!! I guarantee that she would have LOVED
this blanket!! :)

jhaud
03-04-2006, 09:04 PM
my dd also prefered real tags to her taggie blanket tags... though now taggie is a well loved blanket. i made her taggie blanket and have given them as gifts. i know my mom used to buy "made with love tags" for garments she sewed for us as kids... but they were the tag that went horizontal and was sewn at both sides, but with all the things they sell now, i would think there must be somewhere to buy real tags that can be printed with any notation.

MarisaSF
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Exact.Same.Thing. (Except ours was a prenatal gift.)

I couldn't believe it!
Youre DD's in good company. ;) Enjoy!

Babywhite
03-06-2006, 09:26 AM
DD had a taggie elephant, 2 taggie books and a taggie blanket. She finally 'took' to the blanket, but she never really 'took' to the other ones. (She did enjoy looking at the books, but she ignored the tags.)

R.W.