PDA

View Full Version : California Baby got rid of DD's Cradle Cap!

julierobin
03-09-2006, 03:19 PM
After 6 months of dealing with cradle cap and trying MANY methods to reduce/remove it I tried California Baby Tea Tree & Lavender Body Wash And Shampoo. Within two times of using it her cradle cap cleared up!!!! I also tried Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry and that helped, but it never totally cleared up until I used Cali Baby. I was hesitant to buy it at first b/c it is about $9 for a bottle. I love it though! and I love the smell. I was told many shapoos have detergents in them which can irritate cradle cap or make it worse. J&J was the WORST for DD. DS never had a problem with any shampoo, but sensitive DD does.

I just wanted to post my happiness and let others know to try Cali Baby if their baby has cradle cap. Thanks for letting me share

:-)

Julie with two kids Ben 8/7/03 and Maggie 1/15/05

Rachels
03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Yay! The tea tree probably helped quite a lot. I have also had great luck with Mustela Newborn Foam Shampoo, if people are looking for additional options.

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

JMS
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm so happy you were able to clear up your DD's cradle cap. It's the worst when it's so scaly that it looks painful. Thankfully we just removed the last of DS's cradle cap was well. Like Rachel, I just wanted to throw out another suggestion of something that might work for other mom's experiencing the same problem. I used Olive Oil and a warm wash cloth and then washed DS's hair with Arbonne's Baby Wash. I took about 4 days and is now completely gone !!! :)

jesseandgrace
03-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the tip, my kids had it baaaaaad. Way into toddlerhood!

calv
03-10-2006, 07:50 AM
where can I get California Baby Tea Tree & Lavender Body Wash And Shampoo? My almost 5 month old has it and I NEED to get rid of it! EEEKKK!

oliviasmomma
03-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I just ordered some through Drugstore.com for just under ten dollars. They also had Burts Bees on sale for 25% off, so I stocked up on the diaper cream too and got free shipping! Also, go through ebates for 5%.

jhrabosk
03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks for this suggestion! After 4 months of trying different natural treatments, we just started using Head & Shoulders. It seems to be working, but I hate putting the chemicals on DD. I'll pick some of the Cali Baby up at Whole Foods today and give it a try!

winifredzb
03-10-2006, 01:24 PM
That is the best shampoo! I use it for both of my girls. It really helped when my youngest had cradle cap.

We buy ours at Wholefoods.