PDA

View Full Version : CD Player for Toddlers?

mom2arb
03-12-2006, 03:56 PM
My son is 18 months and he loves to play with our tiny CD boombox. The trouble is, the volume button broke off and now it only plays LOUD. I was wondering if there was some kind of plastic CD player for kids? Anyone know of such a product?

Thank you.

mommyj_2
03-13-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure how much you want to spend. We just bought my DS a $50 one from Costco. It's not for kids, but it's worked great for us. The volume buttons aren't that obvious, so he doesn't mess with them. The play button is huge and red, so he loves to press it. Between pressing play and opening and closing the CD lid a million times, he has enough to keep him occupied without breaking anything on it.

Beth568
03-13-2006, 09:43 AM
My DD has a CD player in her room (she listens to soft music as she falls asleep at night). I just bought her an inexpensive one at Target. She's able to work it on her own, as is her younger sister, but the buttons are small and don't extend much from the case of the player, so they're not likely to snap off.

This one was no more expensive than some of the "kids" players I saw, and it had a few more features. There are some character-based kids' CD players and such in Target's electronics department.

There are also things like this out there, but looking at this one makes me dizzy! ;) http://www.growingtreetoys.com/product/3932