PDA

View Full Version : toddlerock chairs

wrafiehi
03-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I am looking to get one of these chairs for DD for her first birthday. I would love to hear some feedback on the quality of their construction and the comfort level. They rock, so I was worried about tipping. Also I have no clue what fabric to get. If you have pics of your chair, can you please post them.
Thank you
Widad
Mommy to Sophia 03/25/05

emily_gracesmama
03-14-2006, 08:19 PM
I just got a pink toile one for my daughter, don't think it will tip over, but she has few times. I think I need to rig up some sort of safety belt for her, maybe use her belt from her clean shopper. She loves to rock in it and it was very easy to assemble, just the rocker part attaches to the chair. For the low price, I am very impressed with the construction. I have seen other upholstered chairs for several hundred dollars. I had playgroup and one friend's 16 month old fit in it very well and his feet touched which made it easier for him to rock. I tried to attach a pic but it didn't work so I can email it to you if you'd like, send me a pm.

kali
03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
I bought a Toddlerock for DS when he was about 15 months old. He loves it. He has tipped it, but only when he stood on the seat and then tried to climb onto the back. We actually used it without the rockers at first, but believe it or not, I think they make the chair less likely to tip over completely.

It's very well-made; doesn't feel cheap or flimsy at all. I ordered the yellow duck cloth, which happened to exactly match the Jennifer Convertibles sofa we have in the playroom--very cute! This fabric seems very sturdy, but I'd suggest Scotchguarding it. Hope this helps!

DebbieJ
03-14-2006, 11:04 PM
I can't find a pic of ours, but we love it! It's a great chair for the price--even our 10 yo neighbor sits in it from time to time!

DS loves to sit in his and watch his daily dose of Dora.

We have the sage green suede and it's really nice. Like a PP mentioned, I should have scotchguarded it, but oh well...

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

tarahsolazy
03-15-2006, 12:19 AM
We got a denim one for DS's second birthday, and its great. It seemed tiny out of the box, but he fits in it so well, and can easily make it rock. He sits in it while watching Blue's Clues.

Jada2929
03-15-2006, 09:40 PM
We've had ours since Dec, when DD was 15 months old. It's awesome. High quality and it's made out lives easier-- when she's watching a movie all we have to say is "Sit in your chair please!" and she steps back from having her nose planted on the tv and actually sits down.
We had some issues with her standing on it, but every single time she did that we took it away from her. It didn't take her long to catch on.
Oh, and the rockers don't come attached, so this was before we put them on.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/jada2929/xmas05018.jpg