PDA

View Full Version : How organized do you keep your toys?

KBecks
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Our toys are generally all mixed up, but I'm thinking about keeping them more in sets -- all peek a blocks together, all legos together, all stacking sets in order, etc. etc.

Is this possible? realistic? I may have to use a lot of plastic bins, I have some shoe-sized ones available...

Also, do you keep your childrens books on shelves, and do your kids pull down all the books? I don't know how to keep books right now.

jvs195
03-17-2006, 11:48 AM
It's a constant battle for me (not that my things are much better organized). I have many of those canvas bins and try to put like items in each one (one for musical instruments, one for blocks, one for small plastic people etc...)It helps to just have bins around to catch the clutter for quick pickups. Books get pulled off of anywhere I put them. I have bins for the smaller ones and they end up on the floor too, but it's easier to put them back in bins than on shelves. I have one end table that is like a library stair which holds the smaller books for DS so they're in the same place in one room, but he pulls them out constantly. He's actually starting to get the idea of putting toys away and seems to like putting them in bins-claps for himself (which of course I do too) Good luck.

BaileyBea
03-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I bought some canvas bins at Target and I have a large basket in the living room and smaller ones in other rooms.

I have a bin for Blocks (All types)
A bin for wooden animals and toys
A bin for cloth stuffed animals and cloth toys
Small baskets in the living/tv areas w/books and in the bedroom w/books

The bins at Target were 9.99. And they are nice and not cheap looking. I put a handful of toys or books at arms reach that they can take down and playwith. I do have to pick them up every night! So that's why it's only a few toys.

HTH, Good luck.