PDA

View Full Version : laundry soap/softener - recommendation?

DaddyKev
03-26-2006, 03:06 PM
we're parents to be and we are prepareing for DS to come along and we're wanting to know what laundry detergent and softener to use for baby's (and our) clothes, sheets, blankets, etc.
We read some softeners aren't good for fleece and the like....any help would be great

Bean606
03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I used Seventh Generation to wash all of baby's clothes. I got it online from drugstore.com. It doesn't have a strong scent like Dreft.

aliceinwonderland
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
We use no softener. Just All Free and Clear for detergent.

Congrats to you!

jhaud
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
i loved the smell of dreft. we used either that or all. and no softener. it can make your fleece yucky... also i know that that can be an irritant. i know growing up we used liquid because i had a reaction to the sheets. i also spoke recently with a mom whose youngest is maybe 4 or 5 and she has just recently started using softener because as an infant her older child would have a reaction with anything with softener used.

dhano923
03-28-2006, 05:09 AM
I use All Baby for the first few months, then switch to regular detergent. No fabric softener here on kid's clothing -- it removes the flame retardant coating from pajamas.

kimbe
03-28-2006, 07:26 AM
We use Purex Free and Clear, it is the only one we can use. Baby All, Dreft, and Ivory Snow gave DD a rash. Sigh, I long for that baby detergent sent!

Puddy73
03-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I use Baby All because I just love the smell, and no softener. I've also used Tide with no problem. I do always add an extra rinse when I'm washing baby things.

Sportwash (sometimes available in the hunting section at Wal-Mart) is great for fleece.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett