PDA

View Full Version : Best shopping cart cover?

keschy
03-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I have been thinking I'll get a Buggy Bagg but are there any other ones I should consider that might be better? Thanks!

emilys_mom
03-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I was interested in the ones from sewcuteboutique.com, as I know a lot of women on these boards love them and she had great designs. Sadly, she wasn't taking orders when I needed one, so I ordered a Buggy Bagg and love it. I got it through Yahoo shopping at a discount and it came within a week.

jgriffin
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I got one from Angelyn Rose (on eBay) and love it. It fits shopping carts and restaurant high chairs, has a great fabric pattern, and seems to be very comfy.

Jen

brittone2
03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
We love ours from sewcuteboutique. It has been one of our most-used baby items :)

MarisaSF
03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I've been very happy with mine from sew cute boutique. I get questions about it all the time.

Whatever you get, make sure it fits various carts, as they're not all the same size. The Sew Cute ones are advertised as fitting the Costco carts. That meant nothing to me at the time I got the cart cover, but now I've seen how wide those carts are and the SCB covers fit well.

julieakc
03-28-2006, 02:11 AM
FYI - Sewcuteboutique.com isn't taking custom orders anymore, and last time I checked she was just selling some made from her remaining stock of fabric.

I bought my cover from kangaroodle.com and have been very happy with it.

shilo
03-28-2006, 03:51 AM
my best friend has a buggy bagg, i have a goin cozy, both are 'pre-made' and not custom. i like both, and both have their pluses and minuses. both have toy loops and pockets.

buggy bagg has nice, thick, quilted padding and looks soft enough to fall asleep on. that said, it is BIG even when all zipped together. she likes it for when she can get the cart right up next to the car, so that she can set it up in the cart and plop dd into it, as it is too bulky to carry and set up while holding her daughter. it is too bulky to fit her 22lb. dtr and the buggy bag into a standard restaurant high chair - so you'd probably need a second cover at some point if you want one that can do both.

goin' cozy has a much thinner layer of padding, but is still big and generous - i haven't been to costco with it and ds, but it does fit the big orange home depot carts. it folds up into a ball about 8" around and fits under the drivers seat of my car. i am able to use it on standard restaurant high chairs as well. i paid the extra $10 for the velcro closure which is great for several reasons. you can use the velcro to secure the cover around your diaper bag strap so that you have one less thing to carry into the restaurant or store. you can get the velcro around the back of a standard wooden high chair by passing one end under and one end over the back wide rail - which i don't know if you can with the regular webbing strap. you can get the velcro around those annoying advertisement placks that the grocery stores are putting on the back of the child seats out here now - which i know i've seen the webbing straps not fit around.

anyway, if you are going to go with a pre-made one, i would still choose the goin' cozy again - i've been very happy with it and the bright beautiful under the sea print is a hit with ds and his admirers wherever we go :).

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

dhano923
03-28-2006, 05:07 AM
I got one from www.kozypalcartcovers.com. She did an awesome job -- I've gotten a lot of compliments on it and I've only had it a few days!I had a Floppy Seat before for DS and liked it but I wanted something more fun this time for DD.

KHF
03-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Another owner of a cart cover from Kangaroodle here. I absolutely adore it:
http://www.kangaroodles.com/cart/product.php?productid=16134&cat=3&page=1

It's even more gorgeous in person than in the photo. I don't think I've ever been out with it when someone hasn't commented on how nice it is and asked me where I got it.

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005