PDA

View Full Version : Edited to add review:I took the plunge and ordered the Kinderzeat

DebbieJ
03-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Okay, this sucker got here FAST, so thumbs up to Great Beginnings and UPS on that one. The code "gbbaby" is good for 15% off all through April.

My DH put this together last night and ds sat at it for our Friday night pizza dinner with my family. It is awesome. He sits still, doesn't fidget like he used it. He can climb up into it just fine. It fits nicely at our table, which has an apron. No more pushing back or putting his feet up or being too far away because the highchair and booster wouldn't fit under.

The only thing is that he can still push the chair back and move himself away from the table, although now he doesn't tilt back on two legs. The KZ stays solidly on the ground. Now this may be because of my hardwood floors and I can probably remedy it by putting some sort of material with traction on the bottom of the chair.

My only regret? That I didn't buy it sooner!!!!

------------------------
Our current set up was just NOT working. I saw how nice one of our other BBB boys sits in his chair and I had to have one!

Great Beginnings appears to have the best deal--$169.99 shipped to IL with the code gbbaby.

I'll let you know what I think when we get it!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

icunurse
03-28-2006, 08:23 PM
In case anyone was wondering, I emailed Stokke to ask about the rumored discontinuation of the Kinderzeat. Here is their reply:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your inquiry to Stokke! We are delighted to hear from our customers and we are even more delighted to answer any questions and/or address your concerns.

Can't really say discontinuted. Just updated to be used at 6 months instead of 18 months.

Not quite sure what that means exactly (and I did ask more specific questions).

Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

kharden
03-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I'd say this is what they mean:

http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product~item~5463~dept~feeding~cat~highchairs+and+ boosters.html

Full Description ...
Due to a vendor delay, we don't expect this item to be in stock until Thursday, April 12th. The Kinderzeat which is shown above is a similar item. The only difference between the two chairs is the ability to attach the Baby Rail (sold separately) which will allow the chair to be used for children 6 mos.to 9 mos.

squimp
03-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Yay! I bet you'll love it as much as we do.

JBaxter
04-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I just ordered mine. I hope Nathan does as well as your DC. We are having it delivered to my mom ( in PA ) to save the tax. She is about 30 min from me and drives by on the way to work 4 days a week.

How long it take for yours to come?

brittone2
04-01-2006, 11:31 AM
That's great!! We've been very happy with ours too and I hope that you continue to enjoy it :) My DS hated the high chair and has been much happier w/ his KZ.

JacksMommy
04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
That's kind of funny they weren't more detailed in their response! But hey, that's better than the answer I got to my similar inquiry, which, so far, has been nothing.

We have the Tripp Trapp with the baby bar and IMO, this change is all for the good. It also makes it easier to justify the purchase since you can now use it as high chair as well as a toddler chair as soon as baby is sitting up well so no need to purchase a high chair too.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

JBaxter
04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
It must just be righstart. I ordered on 4/01 from greatbeginnings and got an email this morning mine is in transit ( w/ ups tracking number).

kcimato
04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Updated means it will probably cost more money!!!!!;-)

colegiala
04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I am a little confused. So, there's the regular Kinderzeat that can be used starting at 18 month and now there a NEW Kinderzeat- Stokke Tripp Trapp that can be use starting 6mo? Is this right?

I would be interested in getting the New Kinderzeat Trip Trapp since my DD is 8mo. I noticed Great beginnings has a great price, but its on the regular Kinderzeat. Where did you get the New Kinderzeat Tripp Trapp and what price?
Thanks,
Gaby

JBaxter
04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I ordered ours on 4/1 and it came on 4/6! We LOVE IT. I am supposed to be watching the credit card ( due to the swingset purchase) but OH WELL I made 100 off stuff I took to the consignment shop.

It fits perfect at our table and Nathan is impressed -- he helped me put it together. DH loves it.

brittone2
04-08-2006, 11:47 AM
What great news :) I hope you and Nathan enjoy it for many years to come :)

gcampbell72
04-09-2006, 01:09 AM
According to The Right Start website, the "new" Kinderzeat isn't due to be released until later this month.

LD92599
04-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Can't wait for it to arrive. Now if DS doesn't sit in the thing...i'm in hot water! Just kidding :-)

Laura