PDA

View Full Version : Broken Kettler

annasmom
04-03-2006, 03:55 PM
My nanny is watching 2 four year olds today in addition to my 2 dc (her former charges are in town). So the two were playing with my dd's brand new Happy Navigator (one in the seat and one in the dump bucket), and what do you know, the dc in the dump bucket fell out and in doing so broke off the piece that keeps the bucket upright. I am not so mad because I know they are just kids, and if it wasn't them it was bound to be my 2 dc in a few years. But, it is brand new -- she just used it for the first time yesterday. Does anyone know whether I can get this fixed???

brittone2
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I think you could get it fixed or replaced, but I wonder if having a kid sitting in the bucket would somehow void the warranty?

There is a warranty on Kettlers (one year maybe?) but I don't have any experience w/ how the company is about handling them. I'm not sure what questions they'll ask you about how it was used at the time it broke, kwim?

You can buy an add-on dump bucket (I didn't realize this but someone mentioned it recently). I'm not sure if it would have the part you need? (if you can't get the piece covered under warranty).

LBW
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Contact Kettler. We broke the plastic thingy that the push bar fits into and Kettler sent us a replacement at no cost! They have great customer service!

annasmom
04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks Ladies! I am hoping that Kettler can send me a replacement part. It looks as though the part that snapped off is screwed into the main frame, so hopefully I can just replace the entire part. I will call Kettler tomorrow. I am not hopeful that it would be covered under warranty - I don't think a four year old riding in the dump bucket consitutes ordinary use! ;) But, hopefully I can get it working again. Right now the bucket just drags on the floor, my dd keeps on asking what is wrong with it!

annasmom
04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
I just wanted to add that I called Kettler yesterday and they are sending me a new part, no questions asked! Isn't that refreshing??

brittone2
04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
It makes you feel better about spending the $$ when you know the trike comes w/ great customer service.

You must be relieved :)

annasmom
04-10-2006, 02:26 PM
You know, I was just reading a thread about bad customer service so I thought I would give yet another update and shout out to Kettler.

Not only did they send me the new part no questions asked, but I got it in 2 days!!! Yeah for Kettler!! And, yes, it sure does make me feel better about shelling out all that money for the trike in the first place!!