PDA

View Full Version : Does your video monitor have static problems & opinions re: the Summer video monitor?

mama4jc
04-09-2006, 10:07 PM
I've been reading up on video monitors and also appreciated everyone's suggestions on which ones to get - however, is anyone having problems with too much static on their monitor? I've been hearing that it interferes with wireless networks and wireless phones. How much of a problem is that?

Also, can anyone comment on the Summer Handheld Color Video Monitor?

Thanks so much!

nfowife
04-09-2006, 10:34 PM
It's mostly an issue if the frequency of your monitor is the same as your phones and wireless internet. If you get a 900mhz monitor it will be fine, but the picture quality and range won't be as good. I have a 2.4 mhz monitor, phones, and internet. We had to tweak the channel on the monitor at first because it knocked out our internet. Once we fixed that it has been fine. I do have a lot of static when we are ON the phone, but otherwise it's pretty good. I don't use the audio portion pretty much at all, and I only look at the video to check on my DD or see if she's awake, etc. I don't sit and watch for hours at a time, just want to make sure she's sleeping, not stuck, etc.