PDA

View Full Version : TRU Return Policy (X-post with Lounge)

schums
04-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, it's official. At least here (in Michigan). TRU is implementing the same return policy as Target, etc. No receipt, no return/exchange. Here's the flier I picked up this weekend at our TRU:

"Toys R US
New Return Policy
Please save your receipts.
Effective Monday, June 12, 2006 a dated sales or gift receipt will be required for ALL refund and exchanges.

We will not be able to accommodate requests for refunds or exchanges without a dated sales or gift receipt as of Monday June 12, 2006.

Please note out 90 day/45 day return period (depending on product) remains in effect for returns and exchanges accompanied by a dated sales or gift receipt.

A merchandise credit will be given for all gift receipt and internet receipt returns.

We reserve the right to limit or decline refunds."

Not sure if this is being implemented nation-wide on June 12, but you might want to check your local TRU.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

ett
04-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Got the same flyer today at TRU so it's probably starting nationwide on June 12.

EllasMum
04-10-2006, 06:05 PM
The Wal-marts around here started that about 6 months ago - and they used to be WAY lax about requiring receipts. Guess it's coming back to haunt all these places!

sue_g
04-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know if BRU will have the same policy?

emschwar
04-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I found out about this new policy when I went to return a toy today. I'm really disappointed. We always get duplicate gifts and/or things I just don't want DS to have. I always appreciated knowing I could just take it back to TRU for credit (and lets face it, I always ended up spending more than the return was worth).

I wonder if a massive letter writing campaign complaining, and promising to take our business elsewhere would do any good? Honestly, if TRU isn't going to let me return stuff easily, I might as well buy toys at target.