PDA

View Full Version : "Baby Change 'N Bathe user reviews?"

jentcoleman
05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I stumbled onto a website for this product through the www and was wondering if anyone had tried it and could provide feedback. It's a changing table with hand-held sprayer that sets up over the toilet so that when it's time for a change you can just rinse the baby and flush everything (not the diaper) down the toilet. They say it minimizes diaper rash, and also that you can bathe baby there. When finished it folds up and stows over the toilet (mounted on the wall). It costs $200. I am a new mom-to-be and have no idea if this is a gimmicky product or something that might really make sense

Thanks for any feedback!

Joolsplus2
05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Whoa...fascinating.... Hmmm... I'd have to say probably not necessary, but it might be ok if you have a convenient bathroom area to put it, and if you have a budget for a changing table about that much, and if you have no room (no large countertop for a bathtub, for instance).

Babies small enough to fit on it aren't usually the ones grubby enough to really need baths, I think (a little baby blowout diaper can be wiped up with wipes, and a really big toddler blowout diaper you just wanna drop the kid in the bathtub! :) ).

I think I'd like it if I lived in a small apartment, maybe...but otherwise it's a bit of a gadget, I think.

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Toba
05-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Isn't this the same item that BBB keeps getting spammed with over the last few years?

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

dr mom
05-12-2006, 10:54 AM
This post does read like spam, doesn't it?

On the off chance that jentcoleman is a real person and not a spammer, this product looks like a logistical nightmare. It makes your toilet non-functional - or, alternately, you're having to set it up and take it down a dozen times a day, with a wiggling baby in your arms. It's kind of ugly. You wouldn't want to bathe a squirming, wet baby that high above the floor - sooner or later, even with a safety belt, baby's going to take a dive.

My recommendation: save yourself the $200 that this bizarre contraption costs. Before you know it, you'll be changing your wiggling, squirming baby on the floor anyway, to prevent headfirst dives off the changing table. If you need something to wash out your (cloth) diapers, buy a diaper shower that attaches to your toilet, does not affect functionality, and only costs $40. (pics below)

Good luck mama, and welcome to the BBB.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33420.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33421.jpg

stillplayswithbarbies
05-23-2006, 01:16 PM
It's a gimmicky product and every so often someone shows up here pretending to be a new parent who has just discovered this product, but is most likely the owner of the company who makes this silly thing.

Even if seemed to be practical at all (which it doesn't) this board tends to turn against products that get spammed here and it takes a long time to forget about it.

You're dealing with some very savvy consumers here and you don't fool us.

jentcoleman
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I can understand your concern but I am not a spammer, nor the owner of the company. Just a gullible mom-to-be, maybe...

Thanks for the feedback from those of you who responded. I will not be purchasing this item.

aquascuba
01-04-2009, 11:47 PM
I was thinking of buying this product too. It would be good if using elimination communicaton? Anyone try this?