PDA

View Full Version : First Birthday Present for Second Boy

Raidra
05-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I know it's a bit early for Lachlann's first birthday, but I love to plan and research, so here we are. :)

I'd like to buy one big present and possibly a few smaller ones for Lachlann's first birthday, but I have no clue what to buy him. It seems like we have everything already. Here's what we have:

Kitchen
Train table
Misc Ride-ons/Push toys
Kettler
Cozy Coupe
Playhouse
Climber
Sandbox
Table & chairs
Playhuts/tubes
FP Laugh & Learning Home (or whatever that thing's called)
Incrediblock
Activity table
Memberships to Children's Museum and Aquarium

We have tons of Little People, books, Haba toys, blocks, you name it.

The only big things I can think of are a wagon or Learning Tower. I don't think we'd use the wagon much (we take the strollers or Kettler and LT Push Car for walks around the block), and I think the Learning Tower would be more for Colwyn than Lachlann.

So, any ideas?

kedss
05-11-2006, 05:57 PM
How about an oversized teddy bear? (or whatever animal he likes best?)

ett
05-11-2006, 06:47 PM
How about the PBK Anywhere Chair.
http://ww1.potterybarnkids.com//cat/pip.cfm?src=schp1%7Ct4%7Cv0%7Cwanywhere%5Cschair%2 Fhme&pkey=xsrd0n1%7C16%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Canywhere%20 chair&gids=k3092&cmsrc=kwd

Or the stuffed chair from Babystyle.
http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?SIND=1&PMId=11227&cmCL=srch-stuffedchair
(This is just the one on sale. There are others at regular price.)

mykidsmom
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Maybe you could put the money towards tuition in a class like a children music class or a tumbling class for infants. We did this at the holidays with the grandparents gift. Since at 1 year they have no idea it is even their b-day or in our case she had no clue it was Hanukkah, we just asked the grandparents to pay for her Music Together class when they asked what to get her. I'm sure she has gotten more enjoyment from that then any toy they could have bought for her.

bnme
05-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Our boys are almost the same age difference, but a year apart. My little one is 8/4/04. Shopping for him is so hard! And it often seems to end up being more for big-brother.

For Travis's one year b-day we got him an inflatible ball pit. How about the Mega-blocs roadway and cars as a smaller gift? My first DS has had it since he was one and it's still one of the most used toys in our house for them both.

I LOVE the pp idea of a class, if you have someone to watch big brother. I still haven't done one with my little one and I am hoping to manage it this fall.

HTH a little. This reminds me, I need to start thinking for my 2yos b-day!

annasmom
05-12-2006, 05:46 AM
This is tough. I have the hardest time shopping for Kieran for the same reasons, any toys I get really end up being for Anna. It is going to be even harder for my ds #2!!

I think the ball pit is a really good idea. Both dc will probably love it. I was looking into getting one a while ago because Kieran loved it so much at a playgroup.

Some suggestions for some smaller toys: M&B rainbow stacker (best $4 I ever spent - Kieran loved it!), balls, balls, balls, mega blocks cars (another suggestion from a PP - my dc gravitate towards these even though I have bought all sorts of wooden cars!). Do you have a walker?? You probably *had* one, but maybe a new one? Cornpopper, some arts and crafts materials (although that is a tough one because he is still probably too young), a nice snuggly stuffed animal or doll all his own.

Good luck, I cannot wait to hear what you end up getting!