PDA

View Full Version : need NEW toys for 2 1/2 year old

TraciG
05-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I want to buy Sydney new toys but don't know what to buy, any suggestions, no baby dolls, already have lot's of those !!!

DebbieJ
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Puzzles, blocks, playsilks.

Bubbles, sidewalk chalk.

Tricycle or ride on toy of some sort.

Trains, matchbox cars.

Aquadoodle.

These are all things that my 2 1/2 yo loves.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

annasmom
05-12-2006, 05:52 AM
Do you have a kitchen?? If you do, maybe some new play food, pots & pans, dishes. Some other suggestions: Play doh (Anna's favorite thing to do), Arts & crafts supplies - new paints, crayons, etc., Some new picture books (Anna really started loving longer books at this age), Some new outdoors equipment - ride on, pool, picnic table (my dc LOVE theirs), Ball pit, Puzzles, doll house (for the smaller dolls), dress-up clothes. HTH!

mik8
05-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Fantasy/imaginative play is the major entertainment for my DD at this age. She's 32 months. These are her favorites at present:

Books (she makes up stories/imaginative ideas on each page)

Easel (not a day goes by without her using it)we use washable crayons/paints

Wooden dollhouse (she loves moving her wooden people around the furnitures. She specifically loves to put them in the toilet - can't you tell she's in the potty training stage? ;) )

Hand-Me-Down wooden barn from Daddy (has lots of doors to open where she pops in and out her animals)

There are other things she plays but these are the ones she favors at this age.

TraciG
05-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your ideas.

Sydney has the Dora kitchen, her favorite part is the 2 cups, she serves me & DH " hot tea " all the time, so cute, maybe I should get a tea set !!

The easel sounds nice but we have no room, we're in a small apt .

we have magnadoodle, that was & is a big hit here too !!!

JBaxter
05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Things Nathan has been playing with alot lately have been his wooden trains, shopping cart, Mr Potato head, peg board set (discovery toys) and matching bugs ( from discovery toys) you match colors and patterns w/ cards ... is kind of a pre-game