PDA

View Full Version : Best Time of Year to Buy Rainbow or Cedarworks??

annasmom
05-12-2006, 07:33 AM
I get the brochures from Rainbow all the time, but I simply cannot remember when all the sales are except I know there is a Winter sale. I am pretty sure now is probably the most expensive time to buy, and we are not quite ready yet anyway. I was wondering if someone could let me know when the best sales are on these types of playsets. Thanks!

zuzu
05-12-2006, 07:45 AM
This may not help you, but we got a pretty good deal on a Rainbow set in April. It was 30% off, plus free installation and only $75 for delivery, or something like that, and we got another 2-3% off for paying cash/check.

A few weeks ago they were also running some good sales that were better on some units, but wouldn't have been as good on the one we got. I think the units were 33 or 35% off, but the discounts on delivery and installation weren't as good.

If you have an idea of what set you want, it might be worth checking with the sales people to see when they think you might be able to get the best price on it. The sales they run seem to be pretty standard, so they should be able to tell you.

The Cedarworks dimensions didn't work for the spot we had, so we didn't look into those very much. I know several people here have them though.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

ETA: I just checked out local Rainbow dealer's site and the current sale is 30% off 2006 models plus free installation. If you go to http://www.rainbowplay.com/ you should be able to locate a showroom near you and pull up the current specials.

AmyZ
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Cedarworks usually has some type of sale in August. Last year I think it was 10% off and a couple of free kid-size chairs. You can call them and ask about it - I don't think they keep it a secret.

In terms of Rainbow, they always have some type of "sale", but (in my opinion) they just alter the installation charges (unless you get a floor model). They might offer a little bit more off the price, but then they increase the install charges. I'm pretty sure they do the math in such a way that you are always paying the price they want you to pay! We just ordered a Rainbow and I did also use a $100 coupon that was sent to me in the mail by RSVP coupons.

Good luck!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]