PDA

View Full Version : Mustela- Worth it?

ajmom
05-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone uses Mustela products. They have several "maternity" lotions and lots of stuff for babies. If you've used any of their products, could you let me know what you used and if it was worth it? I'm looking for a really great moisturizer- most of them make me feel sticky rather than soft. And I love baby products that are better for babies' sensitive skin. But Mustela is more pricey then stuff I would regularly use. Is it worth the price? TIA!

megs4413
05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I used the lotion on my belly while I was pregnant after I ran out of my Palmers cocoa butter stuff. FWIW, I didn't like it anywhere near as much as the cocoa butter. It didn't make my skin feel nearly as good and it had kind of a strange smell..not bad...just strange. HTH!

BaileyBea
05-12-2006, 10:28 PM
We use it. First for his baby acne, I used the Mustela cleaning lotion that you can put on with a cotton ball. It cleared up that baby acne very quickly. There was seriously a noticable difference when we used it and when we didn't wash his face at all. Then we used the Newborn Foam Shampoo until just recently. I liked it. I like the lotions and soaps because they were hyperallergic and fragrance free. So I used them for the first 10 months.

In my opinion they are worth the price. I had two friends who used the Huggies washcloths and lotions and both their kiddos had rashes and one baby developed a very bad skin condition due to chemicals in the lotion.

I also think just using plain Cetephil will work just as good as a body soap. If you were going to only buy one thing then buy the Newborn Foam Shampoo.

shilo
05-13-2006, 01:03 AM
ditto the smell thing for me. none of the ones the store at the hospital carried/we tried were fragrance free. it is not my personal fav., so if you can, try before you buy. i personally have had good luck with the california baby stuff, but ymmv :).

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

spanannie
05-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I think the wipes and facial cleansing cloths are great. We've always used the wipes for wiping faces at home. We used the facial cleansing cloths (smaller package) when out and about. I've also used the other soaps and lotions. I think the scent is wonderful...my main reason for using the products :-)

kboyle
05-14-2006, 08:02 PM
i haven't tried any of the maternity stuff, but tried the baby stellatopia cream for dry & eczema skin & it works fabulously! it was expensive at $16 a tube, but i haven't finished my only tube and i've had it for about 6-7 months. used almost every day. oh i also have the moisturizing stick (looks like a wide chapstick thingy) and it's great for my babe's cheeks when they get dry from winter or when he's really drooly & they get red.

dhano923
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I love their facial cleansing cloths. I always have a pack in my diaper bag.