PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get train tracks

Java
05-14-2006, 11:41 PM
While moving to the new house, some tracks for Kael's train table bounced off, landed on the street and were smashed to smithereens by oncoming traffic.

His train table looks quite pathetic with all these missing tracks and he tries to make do but it really breaks my heart. So I'm on the search for a whole new set.

Any good sites, recommendations? I did a little search and man-oh-man they are expensive! I'd like to get a set for table that's about 30"x48" (the Costco table for those who have one) - so I'm thinking about 100 pieces or so.

Thanks!

jvs195
05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm stockpiling for a big Thomas train setup for Christmas so I've been doing some research (mostly here of course). The best prices I've found have been Michaels or AC Moore with the 40% off coupons (I think on holidays they have a 50% off one) which is good especially on a large set. Also keep checking these posts-sometimes there are deals like last Friday's on Amazon (did not have any of the large track sets on deep discount) ToysRUs sometimes has deals, but I did the math for this month's "train month specials" and it's only 20% discount and still cheaper at ACM or M. I've also seen deals at Creativetrains.com.