PDA

View Full Version : Leap Pad question.

ColorBlue
05-17-2006, 04:55 PM
We (my dh and I and our three dd's 4.5, and twins 1.5) are driving to South Carolina from Connecticut in a few weeks. I've been researching toys/activities for the ride (which I'm going to put in another question).

But for now my question is....My older dd has leappad and really has never taken any interest in it. Now I'm thinking that perhaps its because the books are too educational and not just books. (its the writing on kind). Does anyone have a good experience with leappad and if so could you recommend some good books for it? Is it worth it to buy any if she's never really played with it?

Thanks.

Tracy

pampamz
05-18-2006, 12:26 PM
My DS is only 3.5yrs old and we bought him the regular leappad + writing but have sort of steared clear of the "educational" books as he will totally not sit for long with those right now.
We have Thomas the Tank Engine and I just picked up a GREAT Richard Scarry book for cheap cheap at Winners that he likes.
I think the key, with my DC, is to make the books fun and switch them up a bit to keep him interested.
There should be a swap for these!

Twin Mom
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Sorry I can't recommend any of the books for the Leap Pad but you may want to consider one of the other Leapfrog games. I bought each of my twins the Leapfrog L-Max which is similar to the Leapster (but also works on the TV). IMO it is more portable than the Leap Pad and great for trips. My kids LOVE it. It is one thing they pick up almost every day. It is more like a video game than the Leap Pad but the games are very educational. We have a bunch of different cartridges but there are also a few games loaded on the unit so you don't have to have a cartridge to play with it. One of my friends just bought the L-Max as well b/c her kids were not interested in the Leap Pad.