PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Chair: Rocker or Regular Chair?

randomkid
05-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Looking for a chair for DD and having a hard time deciding on which one to get.

Does your DC use their chair and do you have a rocker or just a regular chair? I'm wondering which DD would be more likely to use. I have a standard chair for her now, but am thinking of returning it. She tries to get comfortable in it and she is all slouchy and looks very uncomfortable. I feel like she needs a recliner - LOL! I know they make them, but I am not going that route!

This chair was popular around Christmas when they had it at Costco. If you have this chair, are you still happy with it? How is the pink chenille holding up?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33550.jpg

nfowife
05-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I have the toddlerock chair and ottoman. DD isn't really into lounging around in it just yet, but she will sit in it with some milk and she likes to climb on it. It is a rocker but I haven't put on the rocking part so the chair sits on the ground right now, and the ottoman sits in front of it with ball feet. It was very reasonable and is pretty well-made. A little on the small side, but I wanted something that will fit her now and for the near future and I'll worry about a bigger chair later on if necessary. I posted pics a few months ago if you do a search. HTH!

imharpersmom
05-18-2006, 05:00 PM
We have that chair but in a denim fabric. We haven't had any problems with it, and DD LOVES it! She sits in it all the time and loves to rock in it. We don't use the ottoman too much because she tends to use it to climb on things, but once she's a bit older I'm sure she'll like to put her feet on it.
We keep the fabric covered with DD's beloved "Dora" blanket, so we haven't really worried too much about the upholstery. I wish it had a removable cover, but DD is pretty good at keeping things clean.
Well worth the money if you can find it at Costco. I think we paid about $50 for it. Less than the PB chair and probably comparable in durability!

Erin

Harper 9.22.04
Gibson 1.19.06

randomkid
05-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the review. I really like the pink one, but not sure how it will hold up. I may go with the denim as well since it seems that it will look better for a longer time. I was considering a toddlerock chair, but they seem really small.

The chair is no longer available at Costco, but I found it at a website called SmartBargains.com. It's $59.99, but shipping is only $8.95! Hopefully, it's a decent website. I'll do a search in CyberBaby just to see if anyone has used them.