PDA

View Full Version : Quick Kettler question...Brummi

shannonG
05-20-2006, 12:36 AM
I've been searching and can't find any recent informaton on the Brummi's. I was about to order a Kiddo Supertrike 4 on Amazon, but with the price of shipping I thought I'd see if another website offers free shipping. I came along the Brummi on mytoybox.com and it's not much more $ since it claims to have free shipping. I'm looking for a less expensive Kettler, Auto Freewheel sounds good, and Kiddo doesn't have that. Am I correct in saying that the Brummi does not have steering lock? I know that the Kiddo has neither of these features, so it seems that the Brummi would be the way to go in terms of value. I'm getting this for my almost 2 year old...and Auto Freewheel isn't a complete necessity...but thought it would be nice if I could get it with the Brummi for a just a little more than the Kiddo.

TIA! Shannon

brittone2
05-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Also consider whether you want/need air tires. If not, the Brummi might be perfect. I don't know about whether it has a steering lock but hopefully someone will.

The Kiddio does have the air tires, and while I don't know about the Brummis, I'm pretty sure they do not.

Kettlers with air tires are quite spendy, as there are only two models still being made w/ air tires (I think? The Air Happy and Air Navigator), and the old Air Jumbos that still pop up on craigslist or ebay.

If you need the air tires I consider the Kiddio a real bargain as you get them for a great price. If you don't need air tires, that isn't such a consideration and there may be other features that matter more to you.

shannonG
05-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks for responding! I guess I was thinking that the brummi had air tires too. So the only added benefit is the auto free wheel. I wish they still sold the Kiddo's in TRU! Bummer. Thanks for your help!

brittone2
05-20-2006, 11:54 AM
If mytoybox.com is still selling them for 89 shipped, that's still only about $10 or so more than what they used to sell for in TRU brick and mortar stores I think. It is quite a bit cheaper than Amazon usually is. We got our Kiddio for under $100 shipped but only because I found a TRU friends and Family coupon that knocked some money off. I had been checking for a while and and it was the only discount I could get to apply to the Kiddio in the several months I was looking.

We bought our Kiddio for DS's 2nd bday and never missed the autofreewheel or parent lockout to be honest. I was a little worried before hand but for us it has been pretty much a non-issue. Again, maybe if we had bought it earlier it would have mattered more, but it really hasn't been a problem at all.

Of course, if you don't think DC needs the air tires, then it might be worth it to have the auto freewheel. Good luck with whatever you decide...they are all great trikes :)

shannonG
05-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I can't even find the kiddo on mytoybox.com. I'm guessing they don't carry it anymore?! I would get it through there...but I'm not seeing it! I think 89 shipped it a great deal! Am I just not searching correctly on their site? Thanks

brittone2
05-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I just took a quick look and didn't see them on there, but I know a few people have ordered the kiddios from there.

Maybe try emailing their customer service and see what they say? They may just be temporarily sold out and getting more in?

I wish you luck!

shannonG
05-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks for all of your help Beth! I think I'll call them on Monday. Maybe they sold out? Who knows!! If worse comes to worse I can always pay a little more through Amazon...still wish I could just go and pick it up at the store. Thanks!

Shannon

lilycat88
05-20-2006, 07:14 PM
...I called them Thursday. They bought some overstock from Toys R Us so they don't really expect to get any more in.

shannonG
05-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Bummer!!! Thanks for the information!