PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a toddler-friendly Tee Ball set

cmo
05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
DS is so impressed with the older neighborhood boys playing tee ball. However, he's not quite ready for their wooden bats and regular size tee ball. Has any found a good starter set (soft bat, oversized ball, sturdy stand) that they can recommend?

Thanks!
-Chris

sue_g
05-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Little Tikes makes a t-ball set. We bought it, but haven't used it yet.

brittone2
05-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I thought about a Little Tikes set but Dh ended up sawing a piece of wood into a home base shape, and then attached various pieces of PVC pipe pieces to make a little tee. DS adores it.

We use a wiffle ball and a softer bat that my MIL gave DS last year (ours happens to be a Phillies bat...I think she bought it at a local minor league game).

DS has had a ton of fun with it and the tee itself cost around 2-3 bucks I think (we had the wood from another project).

willow33
05-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Target has tons of them. We have one that has an adjustable base so we can raise or lower it as he gets taller. I don't remember the price, but it was definitely inexpensive. HTH!!

pittsburghgirl
05-24-2006, 05:20 PM
We got a foam covered bat and foam softball sized ball at target.

They also have tees, haven't gotten one yet. DS seems obsessed with me pitching to him at the moment (this has really taxed my throwing skills, I have to pitch to hit the outstretched bat so he can "hit" it.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

trentsmom
05-24-2006, 07:45 PM
I picked up a great way to make tees for little ones from Family Fun. Drive a thin stake into the ground (they used part of a croquet set) and cover it with a pool noodle cut to the height you need. My dad made this for DS, and he hollowed out the ends of the noodle so that the ball wouldn't roll off. He got a foam-covered bat and lots of foam balls from
Walmart. DS is able to entertain himself for a long time as long as we cheer every time he hits the ball!

cmo
05-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Thank you for all your suggestions! I think we will go bat & ball shopping this weekend. DS will be thrilled!