PDA

View Full Version : Does costco have the boat sandbox again this year?

jess_g
05-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Is it made by Kidcraft? Do you think it can be used indoors (without sand) as a play area? My boys love to play pirates so I am looking for some sort of a boat that the boys could climb in.

Thanks,

Jessica.

brittone2
05-26-2006, 09:19 PM
I saw it several weeks ago at my local Costco in NC. I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure if they still have it, but some stores were still stocking it this year apparently.

I hope that you can find one :)

niccig
05-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Ours had it about 2 months ago. DH went for something else and came home with the boat.."but it's sooooo cool"....we plan to give it another coat of clear stain before we put it together, which is why it's still in the box in the garage!

Nicci

jess_g
05-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Thanks, Just noticed its $200 online (with shipping included). Does anyone know how much cheaper it would be in the store?

Thanks,

Jessica.

mykidsmom
05-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I just say a boat sandbox there today at the Costco in Orange County, California.

Java
05-28-2006, 01:53 AM
My friend has the sandbox you're talking about and while it's great, there is one thing she hates about it: it doesn't have a bottom so you can't move it. At least not with the sand at the same time. You'd have to pick up the box, move it, then shovel the sand that's now all over your patio/lawn and put it back in the boat at the new location.

I never thought about putting it indoors - that would be a great idea.

safarimom
05-28-2006, 06:45 AM
My local Costco was selling them for $149 in store.