PDA

View Full Version : Do you have rubber bark surfacing for your playset? Where to buy?

tny915
05-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I've seen a couple websites come up on the boards and am looking for more recommendations before we buy. Other posts have mentioned www.permalife.com and www.rubberstuffmulch.com. I'm also considering buying from my local Rainbow playset store. Where did you buy your rubber mulch?

I've also seen some posts concerned about metal bits in the rubber mulch from the shredded tires, and it seems the retail sites I've come across in google all, of course, market themselves as metal-free. Does anyone have more info on metal in rubber mulch?

And generally, should I be laying this stuff down before or after installing the playset? What depth did you fill? CPSC recommends 6 inches, right? Cedarworks told me I just needed 4 inches.

Thanks!

linsei
06-02-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't have any mulch recs yet, but since you haven't had any responses, I'll attempt to answer some questions. I think we will buy mulch from a local swing set company. Maybe you could check with a landscape co also? I believe that the better playground grade mulch is not made from shredded tires, thus no metal shreds, but I would ask before you buy.

We are currently building our swing set. We are building first (because we thought it would sink into the mulch if we put it down first), then we will lay landscape fabric and then the rubber mulch. We haven't decided on an amount yet. Actually, I think there is a formula for the amount you need and it is based on how high of a possible falling height you have. HTH some!

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]