PDA

View Full Version : V Smile?

spencersmommy
05-31-2006, 03:14 PM
DS is turning 3 this weekend and I was thinking about getting him a V Smile. It wasn't recommended by several posters at another site, but I wanted to hear from you all!
OR should I get the Leap Pad version for his age? We have the "baby" version.
Thanks!

Pennylane
05-31-2006, 05:19 PM
I have the Vsmile for my daughter,who's 4, and she loves it. She plays the age 3-5 games but still has trouble with some of the higher age ones. My only complaint would be how fast we got through batteries using it!

If you do decide to buy it, Amazon had some games on sale a few days ago for 9.99 (reg 19.99).

Ann

saoirse00
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
My son received this for his 3rd bday in April. I was skeptical, but he really loves it. We received an AC adapter for it so we don't bother with batteries. We have two joystick/controller things (can you tell I know nothing about computer games?! LOL!) so he can play with a friend (or his sister). That said, I don't get it out very often because the weather has been too beautiful here to spend time indoors. I really do think it will come in handy when the weather makes it unpleasant to be outside.
Thanks to the PP who posted about Amazon having good sales on the games. I am headed over there to check it out.
Kathryn

DD 12/00
DS 04/03
DD 03/05

kboyle
06-01-2006, 11:09 AM
i've been debating this or the Leapster for my DS who's turning 3 at the end of june...I think the leapster wins for us. Charlie loves the Letter Factory dvds, and they make it into a game for the leapster, plus it'll last a lot longer imo, the games go up to i think grade 2 or 3, my neice has had hers for about 4 years and still plays with it, she'll be 8 in sept. i decided to choose the leapster over the leap pad because charlie is too impatient to press the green "go" dot everytime he turns a page, plus the leapster is much better for "on-the-go"

jvorhis
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I got one for Emma for Christmas and she is now getting into it. I sit and use it with her because she is still to little to really understand but I think in a few months she will be ready to us it on her own.