PDA

View Full Version : 1st (& 3rd) b-day ideas for nephews with everything!

Canna
06-01-2006, 01:27 PM
We have two nephews (brothers) with birthdays in June. They seem to have everything - tons of toys and Grandma works at Gymboree so they have tons of clothes as well.

Any idea what to give them? I'm particularly stuck for ideas for the 1 year-old. I think we might give the 3 year-old a Plan City Garage or possibly a Brio Loom.

winterwonderland
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
I am a mom of a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old. I know what it is like to have tons of toys and clothing and everyone is asking "what would the kids like for their birthday?". This year I got the courage to tell them either PJ's or money for their college fund.

I have decided for my own nephews and nieces that I will give a card and cash. They have so much and the money will grow in the bank or in any investments the parents choose. It's not as fun as opening up a present but they will certainly appreciate it later on in life when they can pay for some of their college expenses.

kedss
06-03-2006, 05:22 AM
a family membership to a local children's museum?

shilo
06-04-2006, 02:17 AM
don't know how much you want to spend...

my sister had one of those puzzle name step stools growing up and when she moved to boston for law school, what was the first thing she asked my mom to ship her? the stool :).

so this year for DS first b-day, she had one made for him. it was the only gift he got that made me cry, but i'm sentimental that way (cheesy, i know). anyway, DS actually loves it. uses it as a little table to stand at right now, pulls the pieces out, claps them together, tries (and once in a while succeeds) to put them back in.

you can see what i'm talking about here, but i'm sure lots of places have them:
https://www.storkgifts.com/name-stool-p-80.html?s=g

lori

Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

teachermommy
06-04-2006, 07:26 AM
What about a personalized named book from www.iseeme.com
My 3 and 6 yo both have one and love them!