PDA

View Full Version : anyone use space bags?

s_gosney
06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
You know, those ones that you're supposed to be able to store things in and suck all the air out of using a vacuum to make it take a lot less space. If so, do they work well? We desperately need to get some storage issues in check and I think these would help if they actually work. TIA!

ETA: just looked at some online reviews. Mostly not good. Anyone with any good experiences or some other type of suggestions? Right now I have off-season clothes in those huge rubbermaid tubs and would love to have something that takes a little (or a lot!) less space.

JTsMom
06-01-2006, 04:04 PM
They work, but they are very fragile imo. You have to be really careful not to overstuff them, throw them around, etc. I had one rip on me, one where the seal thingy broke, and one that leaks. I hear they have improved them, so maybe they are better now. If you have a problem with them, they will replace them if you send them the old one.

If you decide to try them, don't buy a ton at first. Try them out, then invest more if you like them.

LD92599
06-01-2006, 06:45 PM
I just opened one the other day that split when i put a comforter in it. Not happy! For whatever reason i bought another one and noticed newer packaging. Mine said good for two sets of bedding, pillows, etc but the newer one says one, same measurements though.

I'll call the company tomorrow to complain about the first one though!

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

MelissaTC
06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
We have a ton of them and love them. You can not believe the amount of stuff I have under my bed right now.

kimbe
06-01-2006, 07:29 PM
We use them and are mostly happy with them. We've gotten a few that don't work and the luggage ones are useless IMHO. However, when they work, they are great. I use them for baby clothes, homemade blankets, and some important things that I want to protect.

Maybe buy the "starter set" and see if you like them.

HTH