PDA

View Full Version : Kidsongs DVDS- Thumbs up!

MamaKath
06-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I got these today at Walmart. They were in the $1 bin of dvds. I found 4. They are really good. I remember Kidsongs being on the tv but a long time ago!!! I liked that the songs are pretty much classics, the kids are dressed modestly, they are 30 minutes long (not too long or short), and my kids enjoyed them. Thought I would share. ;-)

betsydenny
06-05-2006, 01:55 PM
So funny that you posted this bc my 20 mo old DS who refuses to watch TV normally, was absolutely mesmerized by the Kidsongs "Visit to Old MacDonalds Farm" this weekend. I got the vhs tape at a yard sale more than a year ago and popped it in after the 12th hour of rain! and he was hooked. He asked for it over and over again. I didn't know they still existed. Boy I wish I had a Walmart in NYC!!
Thanks for the info!
Betsy

anamika
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm curious - do they have songs with the actions on them?
I've been looking for some DVD where the kids sing and do the actions for Itsy bitsy and all the others. I'm tired of doing them ad nauseum for DD. I mean, I love her but there's only so many times I can sing Old McDonald in an hour. The only animal she ever comes up with is "duuuuck". So cute, no?
Thanks,

MamaKath
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Hmm, they are more like skits than actions they can follow along with imo. My daughter follows along with the skits/dances/songs on videos, my son just watches, lol. I have some other dvds (not as cheap unfortunately) that do songs with actions. One that I really liked was a Mommy and Me one. It was like participating in a Mommy and Me group. At school I have a bunch of CDs that are action type songs. I am packing up for summer, but will try to look for them tomorrow.

MamaKath
06-08-2006, 10:46 PM
LMK if you want me to see if I can get more and mail them Betsy. Email me if you do. :-)