PDA

View Full Version : Radio Flyer Deluxe Canopy Steering Trike

mommysammi
06-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I can't seem to find many reviews on this. This trike seems to have everything in a high-end Kettler without the high price. If you have one, will you let me know how stable and sturdy it is? There are no TRU's by us anymore so I can't test one out. Thanks in advance.

ellies mom
06-10-2006, 11:02 AM
The problem with the reviews on this trike is that they made a change in how the parent steering gears up with the child steering and it is hard to tell if all the bad reviews are from before or after this change. Originally, the steering on the trike was pretty easy to strip out if the parent was trying to turn the trike one way and the kid was trying to turn it the other. Then when it was time for the kid to use the trike themselves the steering was ruined. Supposedly they have fixed this problem but I haven't seen anything that tells me it is a lot better now.

My DH is dying to get this trike. I'm not so sure. The one he has been driving around TRU this time seems to be fine but we tried one earlier and it didn't seem to steer well but that might have been one of the older models. I'd like to get the Kiddio SuperTrike but DH likes the steering of the Radio Flyer.

mommysammi
06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks for your input. I'm still looking to try one. I found some Kettlers today. They are nice. My DS, however, didn't really care for it. He's 17 months. I wonder when he'd want one. I saw another girl, looked like she was 2 or 3, trying the Kettler Navigator and she didn't care for it either. Sometimes I feel that I want something more than my DS does because other mommies have them for their kids... Thanks again.

dules
06-10-2006, 04:34 PM
This is so true. I really wanted one of the Air models of Kettler for my DD but my sister gave us the one she had for her kids, which is probably close to 10 years old but she kept it very clean and in good shape.

It's so, so basic but my DD LOVES it and doesn't know there's anything different. LOL.

Best,
Mary