PDA

View Full Version : FP aquarium in crib? Where??

EllasMum
06-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure where to attach DD's FP aquarium. From the time she was born until about 7 months, I had it attached to the side of the crib, on the top rail, using the plastic loops. This worked fine until she started rolling and moving around (ALOT) in the crib. I came in one morning and found her with her head under the aquarium - it wasn't wedged there or anything, but the bottom of the aquarium was touching her forehead (yes, inherited the big ol' head from me!). I then moved the aquarium down so it was sitting on her mattress and looped the plastic loops around the crib slats to hold it in place. This worked pretty well - she could roll over and watch the bubbles etc, but recently she has started to sleep on her stomach (I know, not so good, but she does it in her sleep), and when/if she rolls over, she tends to roll right into the aquarium and smacks herself in the face! I'm not sure where else to attach it so that she can still see it. I will be moving her mattress down as she is getting really close to crawling/pulling up. But where should I attach the aquarium?? She really loves the thing and it helps her get to sleep. Any suggestions??

TIA,
Susan

JBaxter
06-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Can you drop the mattress to the next lower setting? I cant remember when or what we did in Nathan's crib but the aquarium is still on his toddler bed and at 2 1/2.

slr
06-14-2006, 10:51 AM
I agree with the PP. We moved our son's mattress down and attached it on the top rail, just as you had. She will still be able to see it lying down and play with it when she sits/stands up. That music is the last thing we hear on the monitor at night and the first thing we hear in the morning. He just loves it. Although sometimes we hear him banging the crap out of it, but no crying!!!

kellyotn
06-14-2006, 11:48 AM
You'll definitely want the FP aquarium back up on the top rail if she's pulling up. You don't want her using it as a step! ;)

I've used one thru two kids now, its just always been on the top rail. I think if you move the mattress down, it'll be fine. :)

She may have to get used to kicking it higher, etc., but my kids loved it enough to adapt!

VClute
06-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I agree - move the mattress down and the aquarium back up. DS used to get his head kind of wedged under it, too. But we made the adjustments and he could still turn it on with his foot. Now he reaches over and punches it before I pull the rail back up at night.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05