PDA

View Full Version : Snack and play travel tray?

torontomom
06-14-2006, 01:59 PM
deleted...

lilycat88
06-14-2006, 02:58 PM
We have it but haven't used it yet. I'll get it out this weekend to try on some shorter trips and post some feedback. It is very soft so I'm not concerned about actually using it. I don't know how Susanna will deal with it.

torontomom
06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
deleted...

Joolsplus2
06-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Hmmm...lost my post... anyway, yeah, it's soft, so no safety danger there.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

s7714
06-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Yes, we bought one for my 3 yr old to use on a long car trip a few months ago. I'd been meaning to post a review for it, but never got around to it.

It is soft, but my DD had no problem coloring in her coloring books, etc. with it. I'd buy it again as the safety of the soft tray is more important to me than the convenience of a harder tray, but here are a few things to consider:
- Depending on your child's size, she might have a hard time reaching things that roll toward the very front of it. As it doesn't really lay flat because it's resting on your DC’s legs things do tend to roll away. The lip does keep things from rolling onto the floor though.
- My DD couldn't really get stuff out of the side pockets easily, so if she needed something out of one of them we still had to reach back and get it for her. If your child is older she might not have that problem.
- My DD’s chief complaint about it was that she always felt like it was going to fall off if she didn't keep her legs sticking straight out. We repeatedly explained that it was attached to her seat (we had the strap running behind her car seat) so she didn't need to support it, but it's difficult for a road weary 3 yr old to grasp such a concept.
- Lastly, depending on your DC’s age/abilities, she may or may not be able to disconnect the strap from herself (or her car seat), which means you’ll have to clamber into the backseat to disconnect it for her, or listen to her scream about wanting it off until you get a chance to pull over… ;) O.k., so it never got that bad, but we did have to test our flexibility more than once to get the thing disconnected on one side so she could at least push it off her legs.

But, despite all those things, I'm sure when my DD uses it again she'll be more familiar with it's concept and will have an easier time with it. I'd suggest maybe letting your DD use it on a few shorter trips so she gets the hang of how to hold her legs, etc. before breaking it out for a really long trip.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
(100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

torontomom
06-15-2006, 08:31 PM
deleted...

torontomom
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
deleted...