PDA

View Full Version : THE perfect living room toy box!

Sopamanda
06-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Target has a 'home trunk' that's on sale. I can't get a link to come up, but perhaps someone could help me. I did a search under "home trunk" and found a pic but I can't paste it for some reason. It's wicker like and has black trim. Reg price 79 on sale for $59.

Looks classy, and is perfect. The mechanism inside the (lid! that closes! yay!) is not metal, it's actually a strip of leather (much safer). I have the parent's gumball machine inside the trunk (it's that tall) and I could put DS's leapfrog Learning Hoops in as well. I've been looking forever and yes, it's 59.99 but as a huge bargain shopper, even I splurged. Very pretty.
Hope this helps someone.
Amanda

clc053103
06-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Thank you!! WE are SOOO desperate for an attractive toy box for the family room. I saw this in the paper today- my only concern is, does the trunk "shed"pieces at all? I had a wicker basket and DS got a piece of wicker and put it in his mouth.

Sopamanda
06-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I really don't think it will. We also have an ottoman made of cheap wicker-like material that has torn apart. This seems -much sturdier.

Amanda

clc053103
06-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Thank you! Looks like I'll be at Target tomorrow morning! :-)

I appreciate your help!