PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why Fisher Price Healthy Care high chair was discontinued?

chicagojo
06-20-2006, 09:00 PM
We bought the Fisher Price Deluxe Healthy Care high chair for DD (now almost 2-1/2) when she was a baby and she loves it so much that she doesn't want to give it up so her little brother can use it. I planned to buy another identical high chair for him, since this one has worked out so well for us and held up very well over time, but discovered that apparently they have been discontinued. Does anyone know why Fisher Price stopped making these chairs, or whether they plan to replace them with something similar (I especially LOVE the fact that it came with 3 dishwasher-safe tray inserts - I can't imagine life without those).

Also, reading the "when did you stop using your high chair" thread just now, I began to wonder if maybe DD really is too old for the high chair. She's very tiny (22 lbs) and the only way she seems comfortable otherwise is if we put a booster seat on one of our counter stools. Should I be kicking her out of the high chair at this point, though?

Thanks...

s7714
06-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I've seen that high chair still available online occassionally, but I haven't seen it IRL at any B&Ms. FP probably discontinued it as they've come out with an "updated" Easy Clean high chair with similar features, but it only comes with one tray as far as I've seen. (You used to be able to buy extra trays for the Healthy Care chair, but I haven't seen those available for the Easy Clean.) If you really want a HC chair, I'd do a google search and see if you can't come across a site or two that are selling them.

As far as the age issue, have you tried suggesting to her that it's time to move into a big girl chair (even if it is still on a booster seat)? With the way my 3yo is, I'd honestly be afraid that the minute that second high chair showed up at the door, she'd up and decide she no longer wanted to sit in it anymore...but all kids are different of course! ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
(100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

set81616
06-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Where are you located? I have one NIB that I'm not sure I want to use. It's the aquarium so it has a toy instead of the extra trays but I think you can still use the same inserts. It says dishwasher safe.
Shannon

chicagojo
06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm in Chicago - where are you?

I may have found an online retailer that still has them, but it's a site I've never heard of so I'm a little reluctant to trust it (I'm always a little suspicious of the one and only site that still has stock of a discontinued product)

set81616
06-21-2006, 02:26 PM
I thought you might be from your username. I'm in Orlando. I could ship it but I imagine it would be rather expensive.
Shannon

tjham
06-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Call all your local resale stores. That's where I got mine and I love it!

My granddaughter used hers til she was 3 1/2. Now she's 5 and my grandson is 13 months. She still sits in it occasionally just to show she can! (34 lbs, tall and skinny!)

Tondi G
06-26-2006, 01:13 AM
buy buy baby has it

http://www.buybuybaby.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?productID=153791&code=SEARCHDEX

http://comfort1st.com/fipraqhecahi.html

http://www.babyage.com/products/h4864_fisher-price_fisher-price_2006_healthy_care_aquarium_high_chair.htm

chicagojo
06-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks, everyone. I got lucky and found one last lonely Ocean Wonders Aquarium style Healthy Care high chair at my local BRU. It only came with one tray (vs. 3 that my other one came with) but I figure that's 4 trays for 2 kids, which isn't bad. I think I'm going to try contacting FP to see if the additional trays are still available (I could kick myself for not buying some when they were ever so briefly sold at BRU). But, the search is over. Now my only problem is that DD thinks SHE should get the new high chair and her little brother should get her old one!

catloops
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Check ebay--I think they have some of the trays.