PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Kettler Gurus: An Air Jumbo Question

Canna
06-20-2006, 09:38 PM
So, I visited a local store that sells Kettrikes today, and they had an Air Jumbo on display. The teenaged sales girl working knew less than I did about the trikes, but got the sales book and confirmed that it's an Air Jumbo - it looks just like the picture. I think their price was $139? I pointed out that this model had been discontinued - she vaguely knew something about that and said that the Brummi was its replacement (?) but that they didn't have a floor model of the Brummi yet. I asked her if she thought they might offer any kind of discount on the Air Jumbo since it's no longer current and the girl pretty much said, "Maybe".

So, ANYWAY...I guess my question is, would this be something that I would even want, and what would be a good price for it if I DID want it? It's a choice I wasn't expecting to be able to consider.

ETA: Also, did Air Jumbos come with push bars?

darby24
06-22-2006, 11:01 PM
I realize this is a few days late, but saw that you haven't gotten a reply yet so I thought I'd pipe in just in case.

The Air Jumbo was discontinued around the end of 2004 and the Air Navigator took it's place. The Air Jumbo did not come with a pushbar.

The few differences between the two are;

1- the Air Jumbo cannot accept a tandem insert, the Navigator can

2- The Navigator has the rear parent steering

3- I'm pretty positive the Navigator comes with the pushbar.

$139 sounds like a good deal even as it is. When you see that the regular Jumbo is around $150 and the Air Happy is around $170 and the Air Navigator is $200. (Prices I used are from; http://www.maukilo.com/tricycles.html )

If you can get it cheaper more power to you. Sounds like a fine deal to me. It was the one I had wanted to buy but settled on the regular Jumbo.

Hope this helps you out a bit.