PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend gifts for our son turning 2 July 8th!

bee
06-22-2006, 03:01 PM
We need some gift ideas for our son who will be 2 July 8th.
We have a basketball goal by Little Tikes, train table, LT flinstone car, anything your 2 year old son just loves to play with. BIG or small toy!

cmo
06-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Not exactly a toy, but the book 'I Love Trucks' (author: P. Sturges) has been a HUGE hit with our DS, who turned 2 a couple of months ago.

annasmom
06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, Kieran is just 18 months now, but his current fascination is anything to do with balls. I have gotten some toy suggestions from moms of slightly older boys and the general consensus is trucks, trains, balls & more trucks and trains and balls. I always see the boys at the park pushing their big tonka trucks around. Maybe some Mega Blocks or wooden blocks, toy cars, some musical instruments, arts & crafts supplies, easel??? HTH!!

Mamma2004
06-22-2006, 04:52 PM
DS just turned two and his favorite gift, by FAR, was his play kitchen. He cooks every day and really gets into it! He received some play food, a toaster, etc...and even a chef's hat.

Other favorites, only some of which were birthday presents, include:

Sand Table

Step 2 outdoor playhouse

Anything Thomas (trains, books, puzzles)

Musical instruments

Easel (for use with either paper and crayons or chalk)

Wagon

Books (thankfully still a favorite around here)

Balls (for indoor and outdoor play)

Doodle Pro, Crayons, Play Doh, Sidewalk Chalk

Oh, and he loves a truck that he received - it came with tools and he just loves it!

HTH,

Stephanie

kedss
06-22-2006, 04:54 PM
If you have a good local children's museum, I would get a family membership, my DS loves going to our local Discovery Museum.

And, you can never have too many cool trucks!

:)

crl
06-22-2006, 06:31 PM
How about a trike?

kijip
06-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I think a trike would be a fun "big" gift. Or train stuff for the train table. Toby is really grooving on Harold the Helicopter from the Thomas line.

For a small gift, Toby loves:

Have you seen Chester? (a book)

toy kitchen stuff like pots and pans and mixing spoons.

MelissaTC
06-22-2006, 09:32 PM
DS received a wagon for his 2nd birthday. He loved it! And another vote for a trike as well. We really got our money's worth out of that one!

bee
06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
My husband won't let me get my son a kitchen...says it's for girls. I really want to get him one. I think he'll love it! The easel is a good idea and we had already though about a trike. Love the suggestions for the smaller toys and books as well.
THanks so much!

dules
06-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Does your DH cook? LOL. I think that point helps sell some DHs on the kitchen concept.

A trike is a great idea though, and perfect weather now for one. Happy birthday to your DS!

Best,
Mary