PDA

View Full Version : Review of my Tripp Trapp

ekta13
06-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi all,
First of all I would like to thank people here for helping me decide on the high chair. I came here to find reviews on the FP chair and instead found Tripp trapp!!

Yes I finally took the plunge and bought it in red. We got it this weekend and from the two days that I have had it, we love it and so does my DS. Our son comes right up to the dining table, he is so happy to sit with us while we eat. It’s an absolute delight. He is just six months old and still needs support to sit, but is comfortable sitting in tripp trapp.

However, there are some things that I would like to give an opinion on.

Everything is good in this chair except the straps. Gosh they are from the last century … it’s so tough to shorten or lengthen them. Let’s just say they are really non user friendly, then it’s difficult to latch on while holding the baby as they tend to slip and that’s where baby rail comes in….I can sit my son in and then peacefully lock the straps. For babies, I would strongly recommend the baby rail. To be honest, I think Stokke is cutting corners, especially when they market it for 6 month olds, and charging top dollar, baby rail should come with tripp trapp.
I bought the cushion as well, wasn’t sure about it in the store but then bought it anyway and boy am I glad... It helps providing a non slippery base (not sure about older kids, but that was the case with my little one), since my son is so young he bends on the rail for support and the cushion has a padded arm cover on it…so its priceless!

Also, we drove all the way to the store to see the colors in person and it was worth it… really they look different on the website. I was bending towards orange but once in store my heart was set on red.

All in all, I am glad that we bought it; I love the concept and the chair itself except that Stokke needs to give easy to use straps for the money they charge (look at Graco strap/latch system), and I hate to spend extra on things that are really not optional but necessary for babies.

Cheers
Ekta

colegiala
06-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi, I am thinking of getting one for my 11mo. old DD, so your review is very helpful. It sounds like the baby rail and the cushions are a must have for younger babies. Your right, if they are marketing it for 6mo and up they should include these. Where did you buy it from and were you able to get any discount?
Thanks again for your review,
Gaby

ekta13
06-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi Gaby,
There are two stores in Maryland..BuyBuyBaby and GreatBeginnings. You can also try RightStart, that many stores.They all have tripp trapp on display, but only GreatBeginnigs has all the colors out as well.Most of the other stores had only natural out.
Sadly, I didn't find any place offering any discounts on tripp trapp. Only thing is on the web where many online stores are offering free shipping but thats it.

let me know if you need more info
Ekta

ekta13
06-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi Gaby,
There are two stores in Maryland..BuyBuyBaby and GreatBeginnings. You can also try RightStart, that many stores.They all have tripp trapp on display, but only GreatBeginnigs has all the colors out as well.Most of the other stores had only natural out.
Sadly, I didn't find any place offering any discounts on tripp trapp. Only thing is on the web where many online stores are offering free shipping but thats it.

let me know if you need more info
Ekta

lmwbasye
06-29-2006, 10:31 AM
We got ours from Great Beginnings online with a 15% discount using the code gbbaby.

We also LOVE ours, but our DS is 20 months, so it's good to know this will work when we have our next one for younger kiddos.

lmwbasye
06-29-2006, 10:31 AM
We got ours from Great Beginnings online with a 15% discount using the code gbbaby.

We also LOVE ours, but our DS is 20 months, so it's good to know this will work when we have our next one for younger kiddos.

ekta13
06-29-2006, 11:41 AM
wow thats great! .. looks like we missed out on that one

may be next time:-)
Ekta

ekta13
06-29-2006, 11:41 AM
wow thats great! .. looks like we missed out on that one

may be next time:-)
Ekta

colegiala
06-29-2006, 11:56 AM
I tried the 15% off code at GreatBeginnings, but doesn't take it on the Tripp Trapp? I think it will work for the Kinderzeat, but not the Tripp Trapp.