PDA

View Full Version : How bad is the 3/4 bassinet on a Pack n Play?

babystuffbuff
06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
I just got a PnP off of eBay (for visiting nieces and nephews and for my own babe someday - soon, I hope!), and of course didn't notice until after the auction ended that it has the 3/4-length bassinet instead of the full-length one. I would have much preferred the full bassinet; I think the 3/4 ones look kind of silly, and the babies in DH's family tend to be taller than average.

Is the 3/4 bassinet really that bad? I guess I can re-sell it on eBay and get another one, but geez, would that be a pain. *sigh*

TIA.

ETA: picture

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34452.jpg

Sarah

Auntie to my seven munchkins, and thinking about TTC a munchkin of our own :)

Momof3Labs
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
The bassinet is only good until 15lbs, which comes pretty fast for most babes. My DS2 is over 15lbs now at 4 months, and about 27" long, to give you an idea of height (he's 90-95th percentile for height). We've only used the bassinet as a diaper and clothes holder (well, tried to get DS1 to sleep in it when he was a newborn but that was NOT happening), and the 3/4 works fine for that!

sdbc
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
My DD would never sleep in the bassinet portion of our PNP (full-length), but she napped fine for 2 years in the bottom of the pnp at daycare. So, it might still have use for you if you use it as a portable crib, rather than as a bassinet. If the mat is at the bottom, the weight limit is 30 lbs.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

updacountry
06-28-2006, 07:47 AM
I have one and just now moved my daughter to the bottom. She was six weeks early but at 7 months she was still using it at 15 pounds. I moved her only because she was making me nervous! I loved the ease of it and would have used it longer if it was deaper. She now loves sleeping in the bottom. She likes the different fabrics that she can feel (net or fabric) and likes to look out. She actually stays put longer before and after her nap. I use one at work and have another at the summer house only because it is easy to move around when people visit. Actually didn't know they made a full size one!

kijip
06-29-2006, 01:35 AM
We brought Toby home to a studio apartment. His nursery was a PNP with exactly the same features as that one only it was bluish. He slept there till we moved to a house when he was almost 4 months old. I really liked that I could store diapers underneath the bassinet and still have access to them while the bassinet was in place. I stored diapers, light toys and blankies down there. Very compact do-it-all station! Toby is super tall (about 22 inches at birth) and he still fit in that thing by length when he outgrew it by weight. Once they pass 15 pounds, they sleep on the bottom of the PNP. You can use the changing table till 20 pounds. You need to take the changing top off whenever the baby is sleeping in the bassinet. So I really don't think it is bad at all. If I ever have another infant, I would be looking for the 3/4 length one.

babystuffbuff
06-29-2006, 08:16 AM
We have a one-bedroom in a pricey area of the east coast, so no real prospects for more space anytime soon! Unless we hit the lotto. :)

Sarah

Auntie to my seven munchkins, and thinking about TTC a munchkin of our own :)