PDA

View Full Version : Yard water toys

chlobo
06-30-2006, 06:24 AM
We're having a BBQ with kids ranging from 6 month to 9 years. We have a small kiddie pool & were planning on getting a slightly larger blowup. But we wanted something for the older kids like a slip n slide or a sprinker. What do people recommend.

SheriRae
06-30-2006, 03:48 PM
The slip n slide is always a hit at our house. It tends to tear easily but it has never torn enough to prevent the kids from using it. I think it would be a big hit.

I've seen a "Little Tykes" beach ball sprinkler which looks very cute and would probably work for all ages. It's fairly large.

My nephews also have an awesome sprinkler that looks something like a volcano and it erupts. Very cool. It's VERY popular with the boys. I've seen it at Walmart, but I don't know the name of it. I tried to search it online, but cannot find it. I know Hasbro makes it.

Have a great BBQ!

deannanb
06-30-2006, 10:07 PM
get the slip and slide for 2 people..... my 10 year old and his friends love to race. The other thing he does is run a hose down the slide onto the slip and slide (one person at a time) - be sure there is nothing at the end to slide into! ouch

we also have the Six Flags splash pool
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1151723172/ref=sr_1_4/601-3485529-0338545?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000667LKK

I think DS (20 mo) would be just as happy with a small pool...

Both boys love to just play with the hose and a $3 sprinkler.