PDA

View Full Version : Bumbo v. Bebepod...My review

jeniferrlynne
07-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Here are some thoughts since I have now been able to use both quite regularly. We have had ours since he was 3 months old and needed help just sitting. When I say regularly, I mean regularly... I am talking baths, feeding, etc. I bought the bebe for our house and my MIL has had the bumbo.

Advantages of bebe:
- Color... I have always liked the looks of ours better
- I think it may be a little cushier
- leg openings may be a little larger

Advantages of bumbo:
- A little lighter in weight, which I find quite appealing
- indentions cleverly located to grab and transport easier.
- The material does better in repeated exposure to water (though not it's intended purpose, we have used both in the bath, and now the bebe is a little stinky)
- the material has proven to be more durable, and our repeated grabbing of the centerpiece of our bebe is making it a little loose.

The bebe has been great and I still recommend getting a seat like this, but as hard as we are on our gear, we would do better with the bumbo. Just my 2 cents since some people are always trying to decide between the 2.

kboyle
07-05-2006, 08:24 AM
thanks for the review! i was just looking to get one for my BIL who just had his first babe! SIL was definately looking at getting one and now i know to get the bumbo :)

jerseygirl
07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to post pics and dimensions of them side by side?

Tx!

Maritess

ChristinaLucia
07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh thank you so much. I was trying to decide between them and was having a really hard time with it.

Thanks!

jeniferrlynne
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Not too much trouble at all, but it may take some time. I will try to do it this week if at all possible!