PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Plays..Graco or other brands?

jacksmomtobe
07-05-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm looking for a PNP for baby #2. We have a Graco but the mattress was never that snug and I'd like another one for the baby. The Graco patterns are pretty unimpressive so I was wondering what people thought of the other brands such as Baby Trend? Is Graco's really superior or just the same as the others. I may end up with a boring pattern in the Graco but thought I would check what others on this board think before I head out to Babies R Us at the end of the week. One feature I definitely want is the full bassinet.

Thanks!

mcyentyres
07-05-2006, 11:55 AM
We got a Chicco Lullaby Playard to set up as baby's bassinet for the few months or so. We're still waiting for the arrival of our baby (8/3 due date) so we haven't actually "used" it, but LOVE it so far for these reasons:
- Full bassinet
- Convenient changing table that you can move into place when you need it and out of the way when you don't
- Plush padded bassinet "mattress" with wooden boards as reinforcement
- Lovely additional details: remote-controlled music + nightlight + vibration, cute plush animals that hang over the playpen or bassinet area if you choose, extra pockets on the side for diapers + other misc., "quilted" fabric, tasteful neutral colors, etc.

It's much more expensive than a traditional Graco PNP. I believe it retails for $150 or $160, but we think it was worth it.

Cubdriver
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
We heard some people had difficulty in putting the Chicco Playard together and breaking it down. Did you find it difficult to put together and about how long did it take you?