PDA

View Full Version : Kettler help! Instructions and Harness?

hillview
07-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
So got DS's Kettler Air Navigator (after much gnashing of teeth etc) and it was assembled when we got it at the store (hurray). I asked if they had instructions for me and she said she's never seen Kettler instructions. Am now wondering if that is true. Also the Harness ... it wasn't attached do you puncture the plastic to get it on? How far down the harness strap do you put the screw through?
tia!
/hillary

kali
07-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Congratulations for taking the plunge! We got DS the OneStepAhead Navigator for his 1st birthday and he has loved it ever since.

About your questions:

Total nonsense that the Kettlers don't come with assembly instructions. Ours was unassembled and came with instructions--how else were we going to put it together? Maybe you could contact Kettler to get a copy of the assembly instructions?

Re the harness: yes, you puncture the plastic. We screwed the side straps of the harness to the backrest (as opposed to the seat). I think the instructions said to screw it to the rear part of the seat, but we couldn't see how that setup would be adequate to keep a young toddler from falling off.

Not sure what you mean about how far down the harness strap to put the screw, so I can't help you there.

Kali,
Mom to Sammy, born 7/16/04

new_mommy25
07-08-2006, 03:22 AM
We have the Air Navigator as well. The instructions are there but they are crap. I hate instructions with just pictures. I need a description! Anyway, they are online as well. http://www.kettlerusa.com/airnavigator.pdf

eb1
07-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I think you are asking about instructions for use/operation (more an "Owner's Manual" than assembly instructions), right? There is no Owner's Manual other than the assembly instructions that were posted. Pretty lousy, but honestly, there's not much that you need to know other than the lock on the front to lock the steering wheel.

Have you figured out your seatbelt yet? I didn't quite understand your question, but I recall that installing the seatbelt was a little puzzling.

hillview
07-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Ok thanks all for the responses. The PDF is handy (although you'd think for a couple hundred bucks they'd toss in some nice print doc!). To clarify for the harness. So it looks like you screw in the screws through the harness and into the seat. How far down the strap do you put the screw? (I don't see any mark on the strap for put screw here type of instructions.) Do you start a inch or two to leave a little extra strap on the other side of the screw?

TIA
/hillary

clc053103
07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Just be thankful you got yours assembled....I just assembled one three days ago and it was awful. Worst instructions- just pictures, and not clear at all.

the only operating instructions are on the last page of the assembly instructions- pictures that show how to lock and unlock the steering, and lock and unlock the rear steering.

I put the hole in the seatbelt about 1/2 an inch from the end- DH used a punch. The "tail" so to speak is covered by the yellow plastic circles.

Hope that helps!

gordo
07-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I just got a Happy Navigator ordered from Great Beginnings and it did not come with assembly instructions either! Thanks for the pdf link!