PDA

View Full Version : What's a good doll for a three year old?

Emmas Mom
07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Our older DD is turning three next month & I'm in the market to get her another doll. She has a couple that she's had since she was one: a Corolle Tidoo, a soft dolly & another small one her great grandmother got her. I'm looking for a bigger (though not TOO big) doll but don't really know what to look for. Not a Cabbage Patch Kid, not a foam bead stuffed one (like the Tidoo)...you'd think I'd understand more about dolls since a. I'm a girl & b. I have two little girls. I guess I've just never really looked into them that much. Any suggestions??

sdbc
07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
I love the sweet faces of all the Corolle dolls. What about a Corolle Les Classiques doll with hair she can brush? I got one for DD, but she is still only interested in her Calin.

MamaKath
07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
There is always the Bitty Baby and Bitty Twins. They have all kinds of available outfits etc.

I love the Baby Huggums dolls by Madame Alexander also.

The Zapf Chou Chou dolls are very nice and come in a variety of sizes. They can even be found atplaces like Target realitively cheap.

My kids have even been thrilled with the Fisher Price Little Mommy dolls (though the quality is not great, they are quite lovable) and the WaterBabies (these have been favorites of my kids for many years now, they have held up to tons of abuse by them).

HTH~

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
DD is only 18 mos. but she adores her Bitty Baby. She has zero interest in Baby Stella (Manhattan Toy Company) but she hugs Bitty Baby all the time and puts her night night and gives her bottles. She is realistic looking and there are tons of cute accessories to go with it. We're probably going to get her the Bitty Twins too when she is a bit older.