PDA

View Full Version : bouncer

megs4413
07-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Did anyone actually use theirs? DD refused to be put down as a newborn (colic) and I am wondering if I need to purchase a bouncer for #2....if i do, I am looking for recs...I am getting the FP nature's touch swing (hopefully) so I could go with the nature's touch baby papasan bouncer....anyone use it? any thing else out there i should know about? Do i really need a bouncer?

Lovingliv
07-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey meg, I really liked fisher price bouncer from last year. It has the toys hanging that the baby grabs or kicks and then the fish in the aquarium move! Liv was in hers for months, but every baby is different. Hopefully your Baby #2 will have no colic and let you put them down!
I could not have survived without the bouncer and the swing, so why not try to get one from a consignment shop or from a friend? It is used for a short time.

sidmand
07-15-2006, 10:13 AM
DS loved his, but he liked the Kick 'n' Play and didn't so much like the Aquarium one. Like the PP said, every baby is different! We bought the Aquarium one, but someone had lent us the other, so it all worked out. He was a very active little guy and the Aquarium one was just too sedate for him!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

mudder17
07-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Kaya loved her FP Kick and Play (still does), but of course, she's too big for it now. We will use it for #2, but whether it will work really depends on the baby. Some babies like the bouncer, some like the swing, some don't like either--it really depends. Personally, I don't think you'll know for sure until your baby comes. Since you have a long time, maybe you could browse Craigslist and garage sales and see if you can find one--I guarantee you'll be able to if you look. That way you don't have to spend $$ on something that might or might not work. That said, since we already have a bouncer, I decided to get the FP toddler rocker/infant seat thing, but with Kaya in mind, since she can't fit on the regular bouncer. She has a fascination with all things baby, so I figure the rocker/bouncer (with the toy bar) will help her not feel so jealous of the baby if the baby is in the bouncer. Plus, Kaya really did need a chair of her own that was nice and comfy. We've had it for less than a week and Kaya has been in it A LOT!

ETA: she's in it as I type ;)

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 28 months...
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev317pp___.png
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

C99
07-15-2006, 09:06 PM
You don't really need a bouncer, but they are a darn convenient place to put a newborn in when you are busy with your older child. I would nurse Rose, put her in the bouncer and go make dinner. She'd fuss for a bit and then go to sleep. It was great. We have a Fisher-Price Kick & Play bouncer, although the sounds/lights on ours broke sometime between Nate and Rose. Fortunately, she never noticed and was still entertained by the 2 rattles and the mirror. I second Eileen's suggestion of looking around for one at garage sales or on CL. I saw one in fantastic condition today at a garage sale in my neighborhood. And ours was actually a non-returnable gift; we had bought a bouncer at another neighbor's garage sale for $7 right after we moved into this house.

let73
07-15-2006, 10:33 PM
We registered for the FP Papasan bouncer and received it as a gift (we got the older model without the hanging toy). I loved it and DD seemed to like it for the first 2-3 months. It is perfect for newborns- they look so comfy in it.
However, at around 3 mos old, she seemed really bored in it. It doesn't have any toys or activities to keep her stimulated. My friend let me borrow her Aquariam bouncer which has toys and makes sounds and DD really likes it.
If I had to do it over again, I would purchase a bouncy seat with more toys/stimualation for baby. I would definitely stick to Fisher Price bouncers! Definitely check out garage sales and baby resale stores.

By the way, the FP nature's touch swing is awesome!!

HTH-

Lisa

octmom
07-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Both my kids have loved the FP Aquarium Bouncer. Ours is the old style (received as a gift in 2003), but I don't think much has changed other than the pattern on the seat cover. The Papasan bouncer looks very cozy for a newborn, but I wasn't able to put my kids down much in the earliest days, so I don't think it would have been very useful for us. Both my kids got really interested in the aquarium bouncer at around 3 months or so.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

scarletsmommy
07-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Keep in mind that the papasan bouncer will get outgrown sooner than the other standard style bouncers. If you have larger babies, and don't want to buy more than one, I recommend getting a standard bouncer. Ask me how I know????

ChristinaLucia
07-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh I have 2 bouncers because the first one died. They were worth every penny to me and I'm super cheap. Our daughter hated the swing - luckily we only paid $2.50 at a garage sale for it.

I would get one for sure.

cynsteele
07-16-2006, 08:55 PM
We love the bouncer. She is 5 1/2 months and sits in it every morning while I shower and get ready for work. When she was smaller, she would be soothed by the vibrate function and the bouncing. We had borrowed a Ocean Wonders bouncer, but it died and we got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BX44RG/qid=1153101251/sr=8-10/ref=sr_1_10/102-0039173-7473705?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

She went CRAZY for it and was obsessed with the guys that are right in front of her hands. She wasn't too into the mirror ball until later.

I like the music better than the Ocean Wonders one - it's kids songs so I sing them to her while I get ready for work.

What I like about it is that you can flip the toys out of the way - she has taken MANY naps in that thing after I flipped away the stimulating toys!

Cynthia