PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Bajo wheel toys

1964pandora
07-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi. We love wooden toys at our house, and maybe we love them TOO much. We have about 5 Bajo wooden cars, trucks, planes, etc. Unfortunately, my almost two year old has quite easily broken the wheels off of two of them, leaving two wheels with jagged pieces of wood attached to them that could quite easily hurt him. I have had to take all of his Bajo wheel toys away. I just want to warn people that this can happen. These toys are recommended for newborns, and one and two year olds, and IMO they shouldn't be anywhere near a child in that age group. At first glance, these toys appear indestructible, but if you look at how thin the piece of wood is that is attached to the wheels, you'll see that it doesn't take much to break the wheels off. Susan

annasmom
07-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow, Susan, thanks for the heads up. We have some Bajo cars as well, and you are right they appear to be indestructible. My dc don't actually play with them that much, but I am glad to know to watch out for this!

1964pandora
07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Honestly, Eileen, my son hasn't played with his very much either because I had them put away and only took them out occasionally for him to use since I thought he was too young to appreciate them! He's obviously a little boy and little boys can be rough on toys, but I don't think he's any rougher than any other little 20 month old would be on a toy car, so it definitely concerns me for others out there. SUsan

o_mom
07-18-2006, 12:47 PM
I would file a complaint with the CPSC. Here is the form:

https://www.cpsc.gov/incident.html

Include in the description that they are labeled for under three. If they find it is a hazard they can force a recall.

1964pandora
07-18-2006, 12:54 PM
We think alike! I already did it. Susan

punkrockmama
07-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting this. We only do wood around here and love vehicles of all kinds. So, while I haven't bought any yet, it was only a matter of time before I bought some Bajo cars. In fact, I was looking at them last Christmas.

1964pandora
07-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I haven't had any problems at all with his Vilac cars, so maybe you can try one of them!! I have to say that so far Bajo has been extremely responsive about this problem, so maybe they will somehow fix it in the near future if they determine that there is indeed a real problem and not just some fluke with the two cars my son was able to break. Susan